Mike: 05 KJ in Kansas City

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJinKC

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2005 KJ 3.7L 6 Speed with 72,000 miles on it. Back window makes creeks and whistles on the highway, but I love this Jeep.

I am still getting over the high RPMs I run on the highway at 75 mph....2600RPM is still strange, but from what I read normal.

Got better MPG after taking the incorrect spark plugs out (big gaps too) and installing the recommended ones.http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/images/smilies/gr_grin.gif

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome KJinKC!

I recently replace my spark plugs using the how-to guide on this forum. Saved me a couple hundred dollars not having a shop do it. Plus, they were quoting me the wrong plugs :shrug:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :)

I sit a little lower at that speed. About 2100 at 70, 2400 or so at 75. 2600 is more or less at 80 for myself.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why mine is so much higher....

Nevermind. Just saw that it was a 6 speed! Sorry :emotions34:

I can't speak for that because I don't know the comparison of gear ratios. You do have LOWER gears in the rear so you would think that the RPMs would be lower. But I guess the trans is geared just that much higher.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 5 speed and 2600 is normal for those speeds for me.75-80 that is.