Max Tire Size with 1.5" Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris M.

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post. I looked around and learned a lot so far but just want a quick confirmation. I'm doing a 1.5" leveling kit on my 2006 4x4 and I need new tires as well. I wanna max it out with no rubbing issues so I've decided on 245/75 r16. I thought about going with the 245/70 r16 but only gaining .2" in tire size from stock kinda chaps my hide so I'm willing to risk it. I guess very minor cutting or pinch welds wouldn't be a problem. Am I on the right track here with tire size?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s the OME 1.5” kit, you’ll get 2.5” from it and you can run either 245/75R16 or 265/70R16. The second looks slightly wider and beefier. You may have to pound over the pinch weld if it rubs on turns.

If it’s a 1.5” spacer lift, better to stick with 245/70R16.

Chris M.

Reaction score
Yeah it's just the Daystar 1.5" spacer kit. They really maxed out the stock tires on the KJ didn't they. Can't even squeeze a half inch bigger tire in there with a leveling kit. Crazy

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No you just need to install proper lift then no issues
What do you measure now from the middle of the wheel ( hub ) to bottom of the flare on left front
Report back and then we can answer your question properly
Also did you install new springs and shocks ?
Have you had it aligned after spacer lift install ?
With worn out shocks and springs I have seen them only get 1/2-3/4 inch of lift they were so sagged

and NO CUTTING needed if properly lifted plus not anything to cut really , minor trimming in front of the front wheelwells sometimes
But with a Daystar, well any cheap spacer lift best to stay with 245-70-16s really
Now with full OME lift, 927/948 springs you could go 245-75-16s easy

Chris M.

Reaction score
I just got the spacer lift kit a couple days ago but haven't installed it. My goal isn't to really lift it, I just hate the factory rake. I didn't get new anything as it doesn't appear to be sagging at all. The front wheel well is 1" lower in the front so a 1.5" leveling kit should take care of that. I don't do any off roading or performance. I just take dirt roads to fishing spots.. Like I said, just wanted to get rid of the rake and maybe get a beefier tire because I need new tires soon. I'll stick with the 245/70/r16 to avoid any issues thanks.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got the spacer lift kit a couple days ago but haven't installed it. My goal isn't to really lift it, I just hate the factory rake. I didn't get new anything as it doesn't appear to be sagging at all. The front wheel well is 1" lower in the front so a 1.5" leveling kit should take care of that. I don't do any off roading or performance. I just take dirt roads to fishing spots.. Like I said, just wanted to get rid of the rake and maybe get a beefier tire because I need new tires soon. I'll stick with the 245/70/r16 to avoid any issues thanks.
The rake is built into KJs when brand new
MEASURE, like I said before I'll bet you find the springs are stacked ( sagged down ) and shocks are toast
Stock suspension is good for 60-65000 miles < I have had them roll into my shop with 78,000 miles and be 1.25 inches lower than new stock height
Installing a spacer style lift only compresses the already worn out springs even more

measure left front, level ground
from middle of the wheel ( hub ) to bottom of the flare and report back

Latest posts

Members online