Max tire size on 2003 Renegade KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeepBeepJeepJeep

Reaction score
Hello,

I am (almost) a proud owner of a KJ. I only have 3 plans for my new toy.

1.) Remove the running boards
2.) Lift
3.) Bigger Tires

1.) Has anyone else removed the running boards off of their renegade? To me all they do is take up nearly 2 inches of very important ride height :)

2.) Any kit that is commonly recommended? I keep coming back to the Rough Country 3" kit..

3.) What size tire will fit on the stock Renegade rims? Everywhere I see people recommend 265/70R16's i'm just making sure they will fit. Also I continuously hear good things about the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO's but they are pretty pricey. I have no problem paying good money for good tires but I was wondering if there was a comparable tire for less.

Thanks!

Bill

jkl

Reaction score
rusty's if budget is an issue, frankenlift if you want to spend $700. go with a full coil spring lift, stay away from the spacer lifts. if you get a spacer lift
( for the most part ), you will end up replacing the struts anyway, better to save the money and get a good solid lift as a base to build on.

i had an 03 renegade and pulled the side steps off of it for a while. looks like it gives a bit better ground clearance, if you were on even a remotely serious trail, you would rip those things off right out of the gate.

i hijacked this off of lostkjs, its the best tire fitment guide i've seen. gives a good idea of what tire you can have with what lift.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice table/reference jkl. The mods hopefully will make a sticky out of it.

It doesn't show my PIA 17" rims though.

Dave