maintence question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it for some kilometers.... LOTS AND LOTS of kilometers.

I disagree. IMO, even if it's not at the end of it's life, I swap them. I've had plenty of trouble breaking the nut loose on vehicles at 50k miles. For the $10 a filter costs, I'll swap them every 50k miles to ensure I can get it changed when I need to. Paying a shop to do it or twisting a fuel line will just cost more and cause more headache in the end.

That's my $.02. Easy for me to say, I have 46k miles to go before I have to do it ;) The wife's vehicle is rapidly approaching 50k though :(

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atrus, i quick thing for yea to know. To change these fuel filters, its about $100 for the part, has the regulator built into them also. Was informed by a LOST member whos replaced them. I wish they actually did last a lifetime, would help me out at this point! lol

Also you have to drop the tank to get at it also.

Last edited:

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, just dont want it to damage anything if it does get too dirty inside. Checked my throttle body today while i changed my air filter. Damn thing looks brand new!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - Per the 2006 service manual - "FILTER-FUEL
DESCRIPTION
The fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator are combined within the fuel pump module assembly. They are not serviceable."

So, it seems we really shouldn't have to do it?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what chrysler says. But as a lost member pointed out, they will still get dirty overtime, never know whats in the fuel you put in. I dont know what to do! lol. im going down to the dealership tomorow morning to drop my kj off for safety inspection and detailing. I talk to them and see what they think about it. They have some pretty smart guys at the dealership down here.

What part did you see that in your manual btw?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they have it now, they are going to do anything that needs to be done oil change, tune up, any repairs, and a full detailing, even got a free courtesy car and a free tank of gas. I get it back tomorow

For now i got a nissan versa, ick..

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2005 Service Manual also says the fuel filter is incorporated into the pump. The 2003 is replaceable, by lifting the carpet in the cargo area and drilling out 4 rivets in an access cover.
This is what the manual says for this version:

Both fuel filters (mounted to front of fuel tank, and
inside the bottom fuel pump module)are designed for
extended service. They do not require normal sched-
uled maintenance.

Not sure in which year this changed as I don't have the 2004 manual, sorry UnLimited.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i wanna know what they use to get the engine that clean. Got a level 5 detail on my rene from the dealerships, matts and carpets shampood, washed waxed, engine looks brand new!

Example:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i have a good dealership, i will give them credit, they do good work and are nice people to deal with.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they found the oil filter gasket was bad and was leaking a bit so they did a free oil change for me. The brakes are at 30% in the front and 40% in the rear.

They also did a flash update for the 42rle ******, it now downshifts smoother and quicker going uphills.

Everything else checked out.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW this dealership is a 5 star and has been ranked #1 in my province for 6 years now.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, 5 Star means almost nothing. I've been treated like TRASH at a 5 Star dealership. Maybe it's different in Canada.

I don't think KJ engine compartments look that good new... wow!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol thanks. Im very impressed with their detail work. This thing smells brand new, runs,drives and looks brand new. Im very happy with my purchase

Latest posts

Members online