made my day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was st Auto Zone last week getting the battery checked and the guy kept telling me my engine was broken. Yea you have a bad crank or something. That's not normal for it yo be vibrating like that. I said it is normal and it had been like that since new and for the last 143,000 miles. He again told me I was wrong and I told him all diesels sound like that. It took about 5 seconds for it to sink in. Then he called it a piece of junk and said my battery was fine. I asked him what he drove and he pointed at a beater XJ Cherokee that was all rusted out. I hot on my KJ CRD smiled at him and left.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was st Auto Zone last week getting the battery checked and the guy kept telling me my engine was broken. Yea you have a bad crank or something. That's not normal for it yo be vibrating like that. I said it is normal and it had been like that since new and for the last 143,000 miles. He again told me I was wrong and I told him all diesels sound like that. It took about 5 seconds for it to sink in. Then he called it a piece of junk and said my battery was fine. I asked him what he drove and he pointed at a beater XJ Cherokee that was all rusted out. I hot on my KJ CRD smiled at him and left.

LOL......I wouldn't trust him to check a lawnmower.....LOL

Dave

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a person I would want to change the oil on any vehicle. I cam hear him say things like no it only takes 4qts, or its universal coolant it doesn't have to be HOAT, maybe something like its all just power steering fluid. No it doesn't need friction additive. How about your t case needs gear oil. My thoughts just go on and on.

I think you're giving him a little too much credit...more like ok, just put in "pink stuff" for everything, and let's see, some green stuff...and Sunny D!! alright!!
:happy175:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What? They don't make diesel Libertys.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're giving him a little too much credit...more like ok, just put in "pink stuff" for everything, and let's see, some green stuff...and Sunny D!! alright!!
:happy175:

Gimmie some of that... purple stuff... hahaha

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Jiffy Lube gets a tax credit for hiring the mentally challenged...you know kinda like the walmart greeter people. Remember when they had stickers, I miss that. :whymewhyme:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Jiffy Lube gets a tax credit for hiring the mentally challenged...you know kinda like the walmart greeter people. Remember when they had stickers, I miss that. :whymewhyme:
There is a jiffy lube 300' up the road from were I work,it's a good thing it's all down hill as they often have to push a vehicle from there shop to ours to figure out what they screwed up.Happens at least once a month.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a jiffy lube 300' up the road from were I work,it's a good thing it's all down hill as they often have to push a vehicle from there shop to ours to figure out what they screwed up.Happens at least once a month.

Hope you are charging them a "pusher fee"........:smokin:

Dave

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working at a jiffy lube, or any IOC center makes someone a "mechanic" in the same sense that my first aid kit and trauma kit make me an ER doctor, kid sounds like a true ******

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you are charging them a "pusher fee"........:smokin:

Dave
Nope they are the ones pushing otherwise it's a $65 charge to tow it 300'.

Trust me I will do just about anything to avoid pushing a vehicle in the bay.I can't tell you how many times I've rode in the engine bay spraying TB cleaner into the engine on vehicles with bad fuel pumps to avoid pushing.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have a new batery, since the "good" battery died twice since him checking it. He wa there and I made sure he knew I was not happy about having to make 2 trips.