Lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuxdiesel

Reaction score
Can the OEM steel wheels use the same lug nuts as the alloy wheels, or do I need a different seat style lug nut?

Thanks in advance for input.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory lugs will work for any wheels with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. I'm running Cragars right now with stock lugs.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have managed to damage some lug nuts on my '02 KJ Ltd - tore off the little caps when I collided with a Mitsubishi 3000 GT. What is my best choice for replacements? And, does anyone happen to know size and pitch?

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to use the same lugs as well, but I changed out to solid ones Cuz I kept breaking caps off :(

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Yup... changed mine over to McGards after the first one twisted apart. Never had an issue and they are still as shiny as when I bought them 3 years ago.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm to **** as I change my lugnuts and wheel studs everytime I do my brakes and that happens when at about 50% pad life(average about 10,000-15,000 miles,my KJ is a heavy pig and lots of hills here).

briando

Reaction score
i got one
why after i get my jeep tires rotated do they always tell me to come back after fifty miles to re tighten them? are my tires gonna mysteriously fall off or what??