Lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna have the liberty apart doing the JBA upper control arms and LCA ball joints. Any certain brand of bushings yall recommend over another. Figure since I'll have it apart I'll replace those too. Probably The sway bar bushings too. Let me know what brand yall like the most so I can get them ordered up! Sad to say I havent ordered my JBA struts yet. :( Maybe in A week or two. Backporch project got way bigger than planned.

Thanks for any info provided!

TAT

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a detroit axle set with the LBJs included i think they might be moogs? They are good enough for me and i offroad mine

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a complete front end rebuild when I did my jba UCAS. I used Moog wheel bearings, ball joints and bushings, and Moog front springs rancho 5000 shocks. The LCA bushings were a pain. Because 2 of the cam bolts where seized inside the bushings and had to be cut off. The sleeve that's in the bushing is just if not harder than the bolts. It took some time even with a diamond cutting wheel. The Moog problem solver lower ball joint is great. With that side mount grease fitting. The clevis bushing was a pain also. But a ball joint press got it in no problems.
All said and done the handling is way better.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking liberty bud!I've got the moog problem solver lowers ball joints to put in. The bushings actually look fine i just thought while I was there I might as well change them. 160k on them. Maybe media blast and repaint the LCA's while I'm at it.Honestly I should do Hub assembly's too since I'll have it back a part. Only have to pull some of it back a part when I get JBA struts to put in.

I'm thinking if there is a bushing under there I'll just change it out for a new one. Why not,I'm already there! lol

Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated!