loud knock when accelerating or after cresting a hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jelcojedi

Reaction score
checked for broken trans mount, and motor mount pray to God it is not the trans. also does not knock whe driving at low speed. Any help>>>>does not knock all the time.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear upper control arm (boomerang) has a ball joint on top of the rear diff. Very common clunk when it wears and gets sloppy. Best to replace with a Mopar version. Also check the rear Dshaft ujoints and front Dshaft CVs on both ends. I'd bet on the rear UCA

NewerJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear upper control arm (boomerang) has a ball joint on top of the rear diff. Very common clunk when it wears and gets sloppy. Best to replace with a Mopar version. Also check the rear Dshaft ujoints and front Dshaft CVs on both ends. I'd bet on the rear UCA

Wow, im disappointed there is a balljoint there. How do you know if that ball joint is bad there?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, im disappointed there is a balljoint there. How do you know if that ball joint is bad there?

Disappointed ????
Ok I'll play, why?
But just get under and either roll the KJ back and forth with it in gear and you'll see movement
or
use a pry bar and pry up on the tri-link