Looking for Hockey Puck How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike205

Reaction score
I found a thread with a link to a hockey puck how to but the link no longer works. Can someone post a how-to or direct me to a thread that is still active please?

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of one. But it's simple. Drill hole through bottom of spring perch, drill hole through hockey pucks, install bolt long enough to go through hockey pucks and spring perch.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

There's a section of this thread about installing the rear bump stop. You can follow that.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-frankenlift-*lots-pictures*-complete-29193/

In this thread, he uses the Daystar bumpstop...however follow a similar procedure for hockey pucks.

I would suggest drilling the hole before you place the spring in place (obviously) and slipping the hockey pucks through the spring and manipulating them inside the spring...this way you won't have to use spring compressors.

Drill a hole through the spring perch, drill a hole through your hockey pucks.

Slip a bolt of your choosing through the hole in the hockey pucks and through the hole in the spring perch. You can use a washer for the top, however I did not. Go under the spring perch and thread the nut onto the bolt. It's kinda a pain...but it's definitely manageable. Thread the nut as far as you can by hand. Use either an adjustable wrench, vice grip, or angled wrench to hold the nut in place while you tighten the bolt on top. Tighten. I countersunk the bolt into the hockey pucks until I could not get the ratchet on it any more so the bolt head is not very exposed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to a used sporting goods store, to find 4 pucks that had been actually played on ice.
54236[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

That way the Jeep would already be familiar, with also going to play on slippery ice! :icon_lol:
I used SS washers & bolts on mine.

Attachments

• JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a used sporting goods store, to find 4 pucks that had been actually played on ice.
57645[/ATTACH]"]

That way the Jeep would already be familiar, with also going to play on slippery ice! :icon_lol:
I used SS washers & bolts on mine.

What size thread did you use and what size drill bit? Looks like 3/8 thread?

Attachments

• JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What size thread did you use and what size drill bit? Looks like 3/8 thread?

I use 2.25 or 2.5 inch long 3/8 inch bolts on all I do
and DO NOT counter sink the head of the bolt down in , makes it a HUGE PITA to remove when dirt, rust etc gets in there
And they do not have to be super tight, just snugged down some , they won't go anywhere

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of what this looks like after this mod is competed?

Its just two hockey pucks per side bolted down to the spring pad
I did manage to find one of mine fully stuffed