Looking for alternative to State 999 degreaser!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
It took ten years but my trusty 35 gallon drum of State 999 finally ran dry. For those unfamiliar, this is/was and industrial degreaser. Non corrosive to everything except humans…water based, so easily diluted. Non flammable so good in a spray bottle AND a heated parts washer.

Sure, they still sell it, but it has been reformulated and just like the “new” Simple Green, is now corrosive to aluminum and lacks the cleaning power it used to have.

Any suggestions? I’m looking for something I can use in my heated parts washer and in a spray bottle. It’d be cool if I didn’t have to pay a hazmat disposal company to haul away the waste too. My old disposal agreement didn’t survive the pandemic as that machine shop went under. I used to freelance repairs and maintenance for them in exchange for disposal and occasional access to machines and equipment!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I use cleaner from JaxWax ( SUPER CITRUS ALL PURPOSE CLEANER ) for cleaning motors etc everything from lawn mowers, skid steers, Jeeps etc
I buy it 5 gallon at a time , hate working on dirty engines , transmissions, diffs
Of course not sure how it would compare to State 999 since I've never heard of it ;)
I'm sure others will have better choices :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I use, commercial LPS Pre Solve,orange degreaser. Nice tall can goes a long ways!
Most pro shops have this as their go to cleaner/degreaser. I get it from Acklands Grainger or Napa.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online