Honestly Blunt Review #10 - Zep Industrial Purple Degreaser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a replacement for my beloved State 999 industrial degreaser For quite some time. Zep Industrial Purple does the trick for trigger bottle use. It is too foamy for parts washers. It functions exactly as State 999 for hand applications though. It will eat paint. It destroys old grease and oil. It even got Kroil and Free All stains out of concrete. I tested it out on a used skid plate I got and it successfully ate the old grime out of the paint and phosphate coat. I tested it on some very old, very encrusted VW tie rods. It stripped them down to bare metal with no scrubbing.

It’s really good stuff.

Downside is you don’t wanna get this on your paint or gel coat. Keep it away from neoprene and other BUNA based plastics. And do NOT get it on your skin or breathe the mist.

Also, it takes some effort to rinse clean. It is not environmentally friendly for sure. It will degrade aluminum and magnesium alloys.

All in all, I’ve found my new pre paint prep degreaser and spot degreaser.

I’ve reached out to Zep to see if they have a low foam version for my heated parts washer.

Highly recommend this one!

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts