Looking for 6disc mp3 stock head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccattie

Reaction score
Anybody remove their 6 disc mp3 capable head unit for a new one and looking to sell the stocker cheap?
-c

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the current body style at least through 2005, you either get the 6 disc OR mp3 player, not both. The newer rectangular faced units have the 6 disc mp3 player feature. Wish I could fit one in the dash...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same for me, I would love to get that 6cd mp3 changer in my dash.. that would be the ultimate for me!! If there is ever a way to get in-dash 6cd mp3 on 04 kj, I would be the first one in the line.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...if you average about 4.5 minutes a song and about 180 tracks or so per mp3 disc...that's about 81 hrs or so of music. Sweet!

kcjeepn

Reaction score
I am looking to sell the 6 disc in dash changer out of my 3 month old 06 liberty limited. I would have to get $150 for this.

Chris

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it won't be.
There is no mp3 6-cd in dash KJ compatible HU out there..
i think they are double din just like myGIG. So it won't fit :(

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no specific mp3 format, just use it in DATA format, and drop your mp3s in there, and burn it, make sure it finalizes. Is it RBQ ? check the little brand lower corner, if RBQ it is just cd player.

ccattie

Reaction score
I thought there were mp3 capable head units stock from JEEP. I coulda sworn it was an option.
-c

KCJEEPIN just burn it like a data disc instead of a music disc.

hyedipin said:
No, it won't be.
There is no mp3 6-cd in dash KJ compatible HU out there..
i think they are double din just like myGIG. So it won't fit :(

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ccattie said:
I thought there were mp3 capable head units stock from JEEP. I coulda sworn it was an option.
-c

There is, but just not for KJ. :(