Looking at an '07 Liberty...tips? What to avoid, what's the must have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

I have new tires, and I can burn off both wheels on dry pavement for 20+ feet from a standing start. Can you?

Your gasser has these stats:

210 hp
235 lb-ft of torque

CRD Stats: (Chipped GDE Tune)

200 HP
360 lb-torque

Unless you've turbo charged or super charged it you'll NEVER gain 100 foot pounds of torque to get it close to a chipped CRD.

Sorry.

Oh and btw my Gasser isn't stock so if you'd like to pay for the Dyno after I get the B&G Flash and JBA Headers w/High Flow Cats maybe then we could compare because I also think weight reduction plays a factor into that..

But to get back to topic here: Just get the 07 Liberty you won't regret it because if you do have problems I'm sure your A: Close to another member for help and B: you always have these forums to help you.. May not get an answer within 5 pages or so but eventually we do get back to topic and actually answer your question.. It's like a family roadtrip around here :D

Last edited by a moderator:

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll NEVER create more than one hundred foot pounds of torque without a turbo charger/supercharger. Never!

Besides, I have all that torque AND 750 miles on a highway tank of fuel.....

Diesels RULE! LOL \\:D/

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBJ, there is no physical way to bring that gasser from 235 foot pounds of torque (stock) to over 350 without a turbo charger or a supercharger. And with all due respect, if you think there is, youre kRaZiE.(yeahthat)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
OOOH you meant ADD 100 ft lb, thought you meant there's no way for any naturally aspirated engine to make over 100.

Also...does your avatar pic say Safari snorkels, but have a picture of an Airflow?

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I meant that Lil Black Liberty is trying to say that he's going to get his gasser up to CRD torque levels and Im saying its not possible without turbo charging or supercharging it.

The picture you see is from the Safari website. Its the picture they are posting when you enquire about a snorkle for the KJ.

L

lil black liberty

No, I meant that Lil Black Liberty is trying to say that he's going to get his gasser up to CRD torque levels and Im saying its not possible without turbo charging or supercharging it.

The picture you see is from the Safari website. Its the picture they are posting when you enquire about a snorkle for the KJ.

Didn't say I wasn't supercharging it now did I? ;):D I mean if you upgrade the tube and forge the pistons I believe a 4.7 Kenne Bell will work on our 3.7L :cool:

But by that time I could just go and get me a 4.7L Magnum Engine too from a 1st Gen Durango.. ;) Bout the same amount of work :D

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think SWMBO has much interest in Keith Black pistons and superchargers, but I'll mention it to her. ;) Car has to be an '07, so the CRD is out. So far the ONLY negative thing I hear about this car is the window regular issue, and we can handle that. We are on our way now to look at that 8190 mile '07 down in Miami, we're hoping to make a deal with her old Saturn as trade, and take it home either today or Tuesday. Wish us luck! Well, wish her luck...if she buys it, she drives it and I pay for it when school starts!!! sad2.gif :D :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats...Nice color combo. Do 25% tint on the front....legal limit for FL...
You must be registered for see images attach

Jeep's web site has the "For owners" area, you can enter your VIN and find out which recalls were performed.

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is very nice. The dummies at Jeep NEVER should have offered KJ's with different color body/fender combinations.... YUK!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure most of are very happy that you (she) went with the original Liberty instead of KK. :) She looks like Kari from Mythbusters.

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 4x4 Sport with 40k miles and 19mpg mashing the pedal. Rear driver side window dropped early April and Front driver side window dropped mid May. ;)

Anyway, wouldn't the 2007 stock air intake box be considered CAI? I was gonna put in a cone and then took a hard look under the hood only to find that the air box sits closer to the front of the car than to the firewall and not only that, but it is factory "snorkeled" with a vent that goes right to the very front by where the hood closes. Should I even bother with a CONE at this point?

I think, IMhO, for 210hp (or 150@wheel?) that it is borderline between gutless and acceptable. I have a 99wrangler sport with the 4.0(also automatic) and maybe it's the gearing, but POW, the off the line is a burst compared to our Liberties. :( I just want to improve it a but to make it a bit more peppy. Thought about finding some 15" wheels to help but I know they are hard to fit and I'm not sure that's a reasonable gain or consideration for this.

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Really?
ThunderbirdJunkie's experience with automatic transmission TJs is the opposite. TJs, WJs, ZJs are all terds with a 4.0 and an auto compared to the 3.7 KJ ITBJHO.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My 4.0 WJ had a bit more pep than the KJ off the line, and better gas mileage. The torque band starts a bit lower in the RPMs than in the KJ.