Logging out..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm unactive for 10 minutes if get logged out automatically. For example I check my e-mail, go grab a snack I come back and I have to log in again. None of the other forums I visit do this. Not sure if it's my computer or on your end. Thanks for the help. :)

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt do it to me, it should keep you logged in as long as you have cookies.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does the same thing to me. If I work on a post too long (like adding pics), it will automatically log me out, say "you don't have the authorization to do that", and then I have to log back in and start over.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt do it to me, it should keep you logged in as long as you have cookies.

Okay maybe it's longer than 10 minutes, something like 20 minutes. Cookies are enabled..mmmm...coooookies....LOL

On LOST, if I don't close the web browser, I can stayed logged on forever. (I have it set to delete cookies, history, etc... on browser close)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
did y'all click on "remember me" when you log in?
could be that your cookies get dumped regularly as what billy bones suggested.....

or some sort of firewall or something....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try hitting refresh once you get back to any topic

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay...the firefox extension I mention in my previous post is set to reload the tab automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity (so it doesn't log out automatically). But sometimes when I'm in the middle of writing a post, it reloads and deletes everything...and a bunch of curse words come out of my mouth....

I noticed that LOST is the only forum I DON'T have an issue with this. This forum and JU are the same.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day

I log in and check the "Remember me" box, it will kick me off over and over again. And doesn't matter what time of day. It don't want to "Remember me" sad2.gif
The other strange thing is that I'll be typing out a message and for no reason what so ever the forum will just change pages on me and everything I just typed will be lost... Just like 1 minute ago! So I had to type this message over again and several others all through the late evening early morning. protest.gif

I find myself having to "copy and paste" the current message I'm writing to my Word pad so frequently that it drives me nuts! screwy.gif

Just thought I'd pass that along

Cheers
Ry'

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I've complained about this several times actually. This is also the only site when, when I sign in my computer does not ask me "Prompt me to save password." Yet I have that feature enabled in my auto-complete section under the Tools, Internet options. What gives with that? There are days where I spend more time "Signing in" than actually using this site.
Could this forum be infested with like a major virus?
Sometimes when I go to post a reply or start a new thread, on the right hand side of the message pane, all the smiles will be displayed. Now as I type, there are none. If I want to use them I have to click on the happy face in the tool tray or click "Go Advanced" to have them show up. Furthermore, I'll be typing and about 10 to 15 words into a reply or what have you, I hear an audible "DING" and whilst still typing no more characters will appear on screen-hence, it's like invisible typing. Waste of time. It gets better! Sometimes while typing the current window I'm working in will go back 2-5,6, pages of the forum. Like hitting the back button without hitting the back button. Loosing all the work I just typed out. That too is really fun I must add.
So, the only way for us to let the powers to be know about all these quirks, glitches, or problems, is to start writing.
I hope I don't sound like I'm whining, I'm not, it's just that it does get tiring.
Others will go over to L.O.S.T. and hang there, I do to, but I like this forum better.

Cheers

Ryan Heibloem