Lights on left side not working when they should

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisTheMudMenace

Reaction score
Okay so I have a very strange problem with my exterior lights system.

So when I turn on my night time running lights, the front left orange light (that is also the turn signal) and the small light below it stay off. (When they are supposed to stay on solid)
Also, my taillight on the left stays off.

Now this is where it gets tricky. When I turn my left turn signal on, for the front, both the turn signal and the light below it flash, when only the turn signal is supposed to flash. And in the back, the running light also flashes with the left turn signal, when only the turn signal is supposed to flash.

So basically my night time running lights on the left side are acting like turn signals.

It's not a burnt out bulb because all the lights work, just not when they should.

What's the cause of this and how can I fix it?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Cant remember what mine was/wasn't doing, but had to go though it and make it work again.
58300[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I found the inside of sockets were corroded.
Used needle nose attached to a fine emery cloth, folded to fit inside socket, to clean the inside of both sockets.
One they were clean, used a sniff of bulb grease.
Also cleaned the rusted ground.
Corrosion was caused by moisture,water and a crack in housing.
Sealed with silicone..
58302[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

While I was there, I installed new bulbs & all was working well again. :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Front%20Turn%20Light%20Jeep.jpg
    Front%20Turn%20Light%20Jeep.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
  • KJTurnSignalLens.jpg
    KJTurnSignalLens.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: