Light question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
In my 07, when I have my "hi beams" on I can pull the stem further towards the steering wheel and my "low beams" will go on (I think that is what is happening).

Is there any way I can make it so when I turn my hi beams on my "low beams" stay on?

I find that whenever I am driving on a road not perfectly flat and without any sort of grade, I can't see directly in front of me.

Also when I do any night offroading I can't see jack.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that is a confusing statement.
Okeeeedookeee....
The turn signal stock called a mulitfunction switch controls low beam and high beam.
To activate the high beam you pull the stalk forward to activate high beam and a blue indicator comes on to indicate highs are on.
Now onto the fog lights.....
The fogs are activated by pulling on the end of the stalk outwards.
A fog light will illuminate on dash when in low beam mode.
When fogs are on and you switch to high beam the fogs go out and high beam remains on.
There is a mod to allow the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31022

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In my 07, when I have my "hi beams" on I can pull the stem further towards the steering wheel and my "low beams" will go on (I think that is what is happening).

Is there any way I can make it so when I turn my hi beams on my "low beams" stay on?

I find that whenever I am driving on a road not perfectly flat and without any sort of grade, I can't see directly in front of me.

Also when I do any night offroading I can't see jack.

No you do not want to do that as it will cause the bulbs to heat up and will not last long if you try and do it. Its made that way so you can flash to pass etc
as far as offroading simple answer is get some lights to use then
also upgrade your headlight bulbs to a better bulb and that will help

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's designed so that your high and low beams aren't on at the same time. If you have factort fogs thy are supposed to turn off as well when you hit your high beams.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you just need to re-aim your headlights. It sounds like your high beams might be a little TOO high if that makes sense. Also, if you don't have fog lights, I'd suggest getting them. I use mine all the time on dark roads/off road and they work great. I hardly ever use high beams out of courtesy for other people since I live in a built up area.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that you're talking about is the fact that the fogs go back on when you pull the stalk all the way back, making it brighter.

Edit: huh...now that I play with it and actually pay attention, the regular lights do stay on with the highs when the stalk is pulled all the way back. Who knew!!!

Last edited:

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
No you do not want to do that as it will cause the bulbs to heat up and will not last long if you try and do it. Its made that way so you can flash to pass etc
as far as offroading simple answer is get some lights to use then
also upgrade your headlight bulbs to a better bulb and that will help

You understood what I was saying, I apologize for my use of confusing terms.

Where could I get better bulbs?

And just curious, are HID bulbs illegal?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running SilverStar 9007 in the head lights and SilverStar 9005 in the fog lights. I did the mod that you can find on here to fit the 9005s in the fog light sockets. Plenty of light for me and I never get flashed or at least not yet.

And those that put HIDs in your halogen fixtures, Yeah, you get flashed by me. :freak3:

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
For any who might care, I got some better bulbs. The guy at Autozone asked me if I knew these weren't going to be "bluish".

I quickly responded with "I'm not a ricer".