Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered mounting a 50 inch light bar to the top of their KJ? It seems as though the idea of light bars is becoming more popular and I could really use the better visibility, but then again I could just buy a 20 inch or so and mount it on my bumper. But what do you guys think?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered mounting a 50 inch light bar to the top of their KJ? It seems as though the idea of light bars is becoming more popular and I could really use the better visibility, but then again I could just buy a 20 inch or so and mount it on my bumper. But what do you guys think?

Don't think anyone has ever thought of doing that before
Great idea
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

IMO a small 20 inch on the bumper would work, that is one of the things I'll be doing sometime
Don't really use mine much now anyways

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50" would be a little big. But check out Mason with Iron Forge Customs. He sells brackets for ~$40 and uses the 40" or 42" light bar.

I have a set of his breackets, real nice. But I will probably never use them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50" would be a little big. But check out Mason with Iron Forge Customs. He sells brackets for ~$40 and uses the 40" or 42" light bar.

I have a set of his breackets, real nice. But I will probably never use them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

$340 for a set of brackets, a light bar and wiring harness. Sounds like a solid deal to me, I might consider picking one up

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds damned awful 'spensive to me! Sent the check for a 32" bar this afternoon, $85.

Bob

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rigid LED bar that I got from led light bars|4wheelonline, though it is not yet installed. My buddy will help me fab custom mounts since I don't have the equipment. Will post pics once it is mounted.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We'll see.

Bob

I've compared cheap ones and higher dollar ones side by side.
Cheaper ones while looking bright with just them look great, as soon as you turn the better made ones on its night and day as far as projection, ( how far out they project and still usable light), how bright they appear without dark spots etc
Now with that said, unless you are out west where you can run them a lot in the mountains/ desert etc most never get to use any aftermarket to their full potential anyways

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've compared cheap ones and higher dollar ones side by side.
Cheaper ones while looking bright with just them look great, as soon as you turn the better made ones on its night and day as far as projection, ( how far out they project and still usable light), how bright they appear without dark spots etc
Now with that said, unless you are out west where you can run them a lot in the mountains/ desert etc most never get to use any aftermarket to their full potential anyways

Well I want one to light up dark back roads when driving at night being that the deer are starting to move now since they are in rut, but I could also use them when I go camping with the scouts to help light up the woods when setting up or trying to get back to camp

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I want one to light up dark back roads when driving at night being that the deer are starting to move now since they are in rut, but I could also use them when I go camping with the scouts to help light up the woods when setting up or trying to get back to camp

The deer are the main reason NOT to turn em on in Arkansas. A game warden ("possum protector" as the old guys used to call em) will have you pulled over and quite a lengthy search until they're convinced you don't have a firearm and ammo in your vehicle. If you DO have firearms and ammo, better give your soul to Jesus, cause your ass is gonna belong to them! :icon_lol:

Bob

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The deer are the main reason NOT to turn em on in Arkansas. A game warden ("possum protector" as the old guys used to call em) will have you pulled over and quite a lengthy search until they're convinced you don't have a firearm and ammo in your vehicle. If you DO have firearms and ammo, better give your soul to Jesus, cause your ass is gonna belong to them! :icon_lol:

Bob

Completely understandable with deer poaching! But guys around here just use giant spot lights haha

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Good set of lights on the bumper will do more good really.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good set of lights on the bumper will do more good really.

The plan is to get a 40" for the roof in a flood pattern (wide lighting) and then get some light pods for the bumper in a spot pattern so I can in turn get more viewing distance in both the front and side