Light bar advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
IMO they are a complete waste of money
I had the OE fog lights and 4 KC's up front on a light bar
1 KC out back on my trail rack and 4 "rock lights"
removed the light bar
removed the trail rack
all the rock lights got broke
removed the OE fogs
all I have are the head lights
I dont wheel at night ,unless it is on the street in which case you can use none of the lights I removed other than the fogs
oh this was on my TJ

So J Thompson!
Let me get this right...

To you having had Original Equipment fog lights and four KC lights up front on a lightbar, a rear KC and four "Rock lights" (That broke!) And you removed everything and now all you have is the vehicles headlamps!

Everything else is a waste of money... For you?

What about the other people in this world that do go at night?

So just what is your point?

I need the extra lighting on my Liberty so when I go off the road in my Mini the other person driving the KJ can find where I went off!

"So, they are a complete waste of money?"

I just don't get your logic!

We are all entitled to our opinion, but yours doesn't make sense buddy!

What doesn't work for you, may not necessarily be the case for other Jeep Liberty owners!

It's a good thing you don't go out at night, I might run you off the road in my 240HP Min!

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So J Thompson!
Let me get this right...

To you having had Original Equipment fog lights and four KC lights up front on a lightbar, a rear KC and four "Rock lights" (That broke!) And you removed everything and now all you have is the vehicles headlamps!

Everything else is a waste of money... For you?

What about the other people in this world that do go at night?

So just what is your point?

I need the extra lighting on my Liberty so when I go off the road in my Mini the other person driving the KJ can find where I went off!

"So, they are a complete waste of money?"

I just don't get your logic!

We are all entitled to our opinion, but yours doesn't make sense buddy!

What doesn't work for you, may not necessarily be the case for other Jeep Liberty owners!

It's a good thing you don't go out at night, I might run you off the road in my 240HP Min!

you may never understand my "logic" and that is fine by me
the bottom line is simple
at 1 time I wheeled at night but as your rig gets more built up you wheel harder trails
harder trails increase the chance of a roll over
which means that proper lines and tire placement are very important
you can not see up hill with any of the lights that are mounted to a rig until you are going up and most of the time you can not stop the only "restart" is at the bottom again and some times if you stop you will just slide back down
not fun when you can not see ,and this is when it is dry out
so when I started hitting the light bar on tree limbs
and the rack was not being used
I took those lights off
then when I bent the pi$$ out of he front bumper I took the fogs off
I may replace the rock lights because if I break on a trail and it gets late I want a spotter to be able to see where my tires are going and the light helps to see when you go to fix it
which also brings up another issue
the "big a$$ lights" only blind the spotter so most times you end up turning them off any way

you will simply not be able to justify spending $500 or more on lights to me that even when I had them I may have used them twice a year if that
but the same $500 could go to a rear locker that you would use EVERY time you go off road
for me it is all about what serves the most function and what is the most "bling" lights ,to me, are nothing but "bling"
as long as I can legally drive my Jeep on the street then I am happy
and I like to know it can go where I point it all day long

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
To each his own! That's how i look at it, it's yours do what ya want with it.

Exactly that!
To each their own!
To me however, multiple lights mean multiple lighting positions...
Some lights point foreward and down, some point up, for obvious reasons mentioned hear and some point sideways!
I don't run all lights all the time on my previous recovery vehicles.
On my Mini, I have enough light where and when I need it!.

What works for one does not necessary work for somebody else!

Cheers
Ry'

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SS Screws = Stainless Steel Screws....

I see that abbreviation all the time so i knew what he meant.. lol

Yeah, thats right. I worked in chem. mfg. for 33 yrs and forget not everone knows these things.

I appreciate everyone's input. It didn't take long to decide against the cheap setup. I think I will go for the OE Renegade style from Mopar. I like the look and that is whats important to me. Mine is a beater with some bling ..... if u consider a particular off road look as "bling".:);)
________
Honda RC series history

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats right. I worked in chem. mfg. for 33 yrs and forget not everone knows these things.

I appreciate everyone's input. It didn't take long to decide against the cheap setup. I think I will go for the OE Renegade style from Mopar. I like the look and that is whats important to me. Mine is a beater with some bling ..... if u consider a particular off road look as "bling".:);)

Rat Fink it then!! LOL

Had to say that..

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TonyCRD...

Can you tell me what number is needed for the harness with the grommet that pops into the roof then?? Because the number on that diagram you posted, item #6 56010419AB comes back as the Roof Lights Wiring Connector, its not the harness with the grommet. I called the dealer to confirm, i got one dealer with a parts department open until 7pm here now, they were making more money off parts then service and sales!!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love an OEM lightbar too.. But for $500 i can do a lot of other stuff instead!

For $500 i could put the crossbars on the roof rack, get a roof basket for added cargo space, and put a couple pairs of Hella 500FF's on the roof basket instead. And still have some money left over for plenty of Beer.

Don't get me wrong, the OEM ones look cool as hell, and they are nice and bright, but i can do a lot more for the money.

If you get crossbars, you can make your own which will look as and work better than the cheap knock-off.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm adding a Rola basket up top and then i'm going to use some tubular light mounts to put a pair of Hella 500FF's on the basket either side of the wind cowling on it. I will get some pics up when its all done!