liftkit for CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

berg

Reaction score
Why are some liftkits not suitable for a Diesel(CRD) cherokee.
I have a 2006 cherokee crd and want to lift is 2 inches. Can anyone give me info about the options

Thanks in advance

E vd Berg
Holland

HIKJ

Reaction score
This is a KJ subject

Why are some liftkits not suitable for a Diesel(CRD) cherokee.
I have a 2006 cherokee crd and want to lift is 2 inches. Can anyone give me info about the options

Thanks in advance

E vd Berg
Holland
First of all, your question belongs in the KJ section, not the KK section.
Being KJ-owner and Dutchman myself (but living in France), I feel obliged to help you out.
Some kits are not suitable for the CRD, simply because the diesel engine is heavier.
I had first a Skyjacker kit installed, which turned out to be a disaster. I now have a setup, which is perfect. Go for the OME shock's, they are unbeatable. Part numbers: front OME NS131, aft OME N132.
For springs, I prefer King Springs, front KJFR-27HD, aft KJRR-28. (The CRD needs the HD heavy duty springs upfront). This will give you some 45 mm of lift. (www.kingsprings.com)
You can also use OME springs (which happen to be made also by King Springs), front OME 927 (=HD), aft OME 947 (=Medium) or OME 948 (=HD); choice of rear spring is a matter of personal preference, whether you regularly heavily load your vehicle, or pull heavy trailer, or not.
Note: Do not use the OME 790 CRD springs upfront, unless you have a heavy ARB bumper and/or winch upfront. These springs are too stiff for regular use on the CRD.

Last edited: