Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the Rock Krawler 3.5'' lift but i did wheel measurments and its 21 from center hub to fender.Im sure the lift has been on here some time and stock springs are sagged quite a bit.I was wondering if i could add some OME coils for the 1.5'' of lift and still make the CV'S happy? that would only give me 22.5 right, or will it be more? Which i see some of you guys are currently around.Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Woild not work combining those, throw the Rock Krawler away and go all OME!! SO much better

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rock Krawler lift is just a new clevis which is alot beefier than stock and apperently its been on here for some time and it rides just like a family friends KJ does.The coils are stock coils; the RK lift does not come with coils just a new clevis and iso looking thing for the rear.The lift does not actually give you 3.5'' of lift in my opinion because it shouldn't be at 21 even with sagged coils right?

asuwins

Reaction score
Dealership Warranty challenges with liftkits

I purchased a 2009 KK about a month ago. The dealer, Airpark Jeep, sells a ton of Wranglers and does many modifications to off-road vehicles here in AZ. I have been inquiring about a small 2- 1/2" lift and they at first said they will not install one (as they have had too many CV Joint claims) all from KJ models. I have finally talked them into installing one, but have to sign a waiver against any CV and Ball Joint Warranty claims due to the lift. I know I could have it installed at an off-road shop but was trying to save the suspension warranty by having the dealer install it. After a weeks worth of discussion, thier off-road sales people are saying do it (might be a problem but worth it to put on bigger tires), all of their mechanics are saying you will live to regreat it, and their accessory manager is willing to sell and install it with the warranty waiver. The only one they will agree to instal is a teraflex , which has reduced its size from a 2" to a 1-3/4" version although they have Daystar and others available. They are going to call and find out why. I would love thoughts on all of this from others

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
asuwins
Stupid dealers , send them my way and I will take them for a ride in a 04 KJ with 130,000 miles on it , been lifted over 95,000 miles with the right kind of lift, not some cheap spacer lift that will give you problems, By the way I am over 3 inches more like 3.5 inches of lift.
The problem with a lift NONE
I did have replace a CV but that was last week and the Cvs were stock

Go to a good off road shop and get the heck away from the dumb as* dealer

Of course you do have one of those KKs

thekjwith9lives
you need new coils yours are done for, best thing still is to get rid of the RK stuff and do OME coils and either OME or rancho shocks all around.
upgrade is the name of the game not replacing junk with junk

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already got Rancho's all around so all ill need is just OME coils(throw away RK STUFF) and ill be fine? No iso or anything?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already got Rancho's all around so all ill need is just OME coils(throw away RK STUFF) and ill be fine? No iso or anything?
No need unless you plan on running 265/75R16's.

To asuwins..............

NEVER EVER HAVE A DEALERSHIP INSTALL A LIFT KIT

Why? It makes it easier to red flag your VIN which denies you warranty work,though don't use that to blame failed factory suspension parts after the 3/36 B to B warranty is over since lifting any vehicle will wear out OEM suspension parts faster and that is fact.You gotta pay to play.

asuwins

Reaction score
No need unless you plan on running 265/75R16's.

To asuwins..............

NEVER EVER HAVE A DEALERSHIP INSTALL A LIFT KIT

Why? It makes it easier to red flag your VIN which denies you warranty work,though don't use that to blame failed factory suspension parts after the 3/36 B to B warranty is over since lifting any vehicle will wear out OEM suspension parts faster and that is fact.You gotta pay to play.

I normally agree, but I got an incredible deal on the KK...2009 Liberty Sport $18,900 and it has a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty. I know hard to beleive but I got that negotiated in. Lifetime Max care warranty, however they will probalby junk it out when repairs get expensive.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally agree, but I got an incredible deal on the KK...2009 Liberty Sport $18,900 and it has a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty. I know hard to beleive but I got that negotiated in. Lifetime Max care warranty, however they will probalby junk it out when repairs get expensive.

I am going to be VERY BLUNT
you are either 1 lying or 2 some one is blowing smoke so far up your a$$
that it is coming out of your mouth
because there is no way in HE77 you got a lifetime bumper to bumper
just sayin

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
just sayin

What ever!
New vehicle dealers are so hard pressed to sell the crap on the lot that you never really know what the seller is willing to "Promise"!
Maybe he did or maybe he didn't get the life time "Bumper to bumper" waranty!

I know that here in B.C. the Automotive Deallers offer similar "Deals" to new vehicle buyers!
Free lube,oil/filter for life {For the original owner of the vehicle}
(And before you lay into me about the lack of "Zerk fittings on a new motor vehicle... Most folks DON'T have a CLUE what that means anyway!)
So you never really know!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lifetime bumper to bumper warranty is suicide for any dealership/automaker,heck the lifetime powertrain warranty is gone due to being a major money loss.You can't even buy a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.

asuwins

Reaction score
just sayin

Okay maybe it's not full bumper to bumper but damm close over 5000 items covered: New Vehicles
For drivers seeking the ultimate in peace of mind for your vehicle, look no further. Maximum Care goes above and beyond by providing virtually complete mechanical coverage for your vehicle. With coverage on 5000+ components, if it's mechanical, it's covered with Maximum Care.
With coverage of 5000+ components, Maximum Care helps keep your vehicle running like the day you bought it. If you do need service, you will feel better knowing that the costs of major and minor repairs are covered with minimal out-of-pocket costs. And when it's time to sell your vehicle, Maximum Care is transferable, which may increase its resale value. Some restrictions may apply[1].

VIN Number 1J8GN28K89....
Description LIFETIME MAX CARE - $100 DED
Expires on 1992-12-02 or 999999 miles
Start Date 2009-09-03
Deductible Per Repair $100.00
Towing Coverage $100 Roadside Assist 800-521-2779
Rental Car Allowance $35.00 per day for a maximum of $175.00

Your plan will pay the total cost (parts and labor) for plan covered repairs less the plan deductible, when applicable, to correct any failure caused by a defect in materials or workmanship, and not covered by the vehicle's factory warranty. Coverage is limited to the components listed under "Components Covered" in your service contract plan provisions. For detailed coverage information on the specific coverage you purchased, please refer to your personalized plan provisions.
If you require a copy of your personalized plan provisions, please contact your selling dealership or print your plan provision for further information.

Last edited:

asuwins

Reaction score
What ever!
New vehicle dealers are so hard pressed to sell the crap on the lot that you never really know what the seller is willing to "Promise"!
Maybe he did or maybe he didn't get the life time "Bumper to bumper" waranty!

I know that here in B.C. the Automotive Deallers offer similar "Deals" to new vehicle buyers!
Free lube,oil/filter for life {For the original owner of the vehicle}
(And before you lay into me about the lack of "Zerk fittings on a new motor vehicle... Most folks DON'T have a CLUE what that means anyway!)
So you never really know!

They offered a five year lube, oil, filter and other routine maintenance items for about $600 but I declined that.

asuwins

Reaction score
From Jeep website

A lifetime bumper to bumper warranty is suicide for any dealership/automaker,heck the lifetime powertrain warranty is gone due to being a major money loss.You can't even buy a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.

Okay not quite bumper to bumper but damm close. About the only thing not covered are routine maintenance items. I didn't even think there were 5000 parts on the liberty. http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contracts/maximum_care/

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have the Rock Krawler 3.5'' lift but i did wheel measurments and its 21 from center hub to fender.Im sure the lift has been on here some time and stock springs are sagged quite a bit.I was wondering if i could add some OME coils for the 1.5'' of lift and still make the CV'S happy? that would only give me 22.5 right, or will it be more? Which i see some of you guys are currently around.Thanks

ThunderbirdJunkie sits an inch higher with only OME coils...