Lift Kits for KJ 03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KairoJ

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I live in Egypt so I am in BFE literally and most of my drives are dunes/desert with some minor rock crawling if any.

I am a n00b here so forgive me if this is a repeated question but I am looking into a lift kit and I was looking at the JBA ones 2.5 all the way to 6" I would like advice from anyone here who already has a lifted KJ and what their experience is in a lifted KJ.

Also what tyres are the best for on/off road performance?

Thank you

:happy160:

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I live in Egypt so I am in BFE literally and most of my drives are dunes/desert with some minor rock crawling if any.

I am a n00b here so forgive me if this is a repeated question but I am looking into a lift kit and I was looking at the JBA ones 2.5 all the way to 6" I would like advice from anyone here who already has a lifted KJ and what their experience is in a lifted KJ.

Also what tyres are the best for on/off road performance?

Thank you

:happy160:

All depends on budget and what you want
Personally I have ran two different OME full spring lifts, tested the Ironman lift when it came out and put close to 75,000 miles on the jeepibyal adjustable coilover lift set at over 4 inches. ALL are a great update from stock. Advantages to all, but the best overall is the JBA coilovers, the build I am doing now on another one of my KJs will be a 2.5-2.75 inch with the TOTAL CONTROL LIFT , all 4 shocks are adjustable, combining that lift with 4.10 gears and 265-75-16 tires I think it will work great
For you if you have the $$$ no doubt go JBA ajustable , if not second best is the OME full spring lift, gives you 2.5 inches over new stock and if you need more then you can add another inch easy enough
two of mine, 04 on the left, 03 on the right

KairoJ

Reaction score
All depends on budget and what you want
Personally I have ran two different OME full spring lifts, tested the Ironman lift when it came out and put close to 75,000 miles on the jeepibyal adjustable coilover lift set at over 4 inches. ALL are a great update from stock. Advantages to all, but the best overall is the JBA coilovers, the build I am doing now on another one of my KJs will be a 2.5-2.75 inch with the TOTAL CONTROL LIFT , all 4 shocks are adjustable, combining that lift with 4.10 gears and 265-75-16 tires I think it will work great
For you if you have the $$$ no doubt go JBA ajustable , if not second best is the OME full spring lift, gives you 2.5 inches over new stock and if you need more then you can add another inch easy enough
two of mine, 04 on the left, 03 on the right

Great to know that you put some serious miles on that kit, I don't have that much in my piggy bank, I was thinking about the OME full spring with the UCA's

Great rig on the left did you think about getting two KJ's or it just happened ? Just wondering :)

Thanks again

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great to know that you put some serious miles on that kit, I don't have that much in my piggy bank, I was thinking about the OME full spring with the UCA's

Great rig on the left did you think about getting two KJ's or it just happened ? Just wondering :)

Thanks again

No I'm collecting them LOL
I have a 02 renegade that needs new heads, the green 03 that is now my DD with 80,000 miles, one owner, my black 04 I bought new and my step father is driving our 05 Limited
The ome is a great lift for sure, my first one last 100,000 miles before I swapped it out
Do the UCAs set it at about 3.25 inches to 3.5 and you'll be good
We've either been involved or done in my garage over 35 KJs so far so have it down pretty good now what works / what doesn't etc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I have a ton of extra parts, easy to work on them, know every inch of them as far as what could go wrong or what doesn't plus like the size, maneuverability, way they are built etc.
Plus with a well designed aftermarket suspension they ride great.
heres the 03 on the right ( before lift) , 04 in the middle and 05 on the left
the 02 won't run so not in the picture
Problem is my wife wants something different and not a KJ so ....may have to downsize a little bit:shrug::favorites68::Bye::thumbsdown:

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the OME. A bit pricey though it can improve your ride and handling