Lift is done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Took most of the day to finish, but I just cant get over the difference!

The goods.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old Next to new

Installed

So far love it, it is definitely stiffer than OEM. \\:D/

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what exactly are those mounts on the front strut assembly? They look new, you didnt just use the ones on there now? Or are those a must buy when doing a lift? Are those necessary with ome/rancho lifts?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
what exactly are those mounts on the front strut assembly? They look new, you didnt just use the ones on there now? Or are those a must buy when doing a lift? Are those necessary with ome/rancho lifts?

That is part of the secret to a franky.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot James, Hot. :D

Noticed the NA4WDA sticker on the back glass. How do you find that site? I find it a little difficult to use and way less fun than this one. I might be interested in heading to the Off Road park near Sherwood park but I've heard from guys here and in Lloydminster that the terrain there eats vehicles. Have you ever wheeled there?

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Hot James, Hot. :D

Noticed the NA4WDA sticker on the back glass. How do you find that site? I find it a little difficult to use and way less fun than this one. I might be interested in heading to the Off Road park near Sherwood park but I've heard from guys here and in Lloydminster that the terrain there eats vehicles. Have you ever wheeled there?

I haven't been to the Safari park yet mostly because I need a second Jeep there with me (copied from there website)"Minimum requirements are two people per vehicle, two or more vehicles equipped with tow hooks, tow straps. 4x4's with winches should have a tree-saver strap, clevis,reduction block etc." So mabey we can plan a trip out there sometime and make a day out of it?

As for NA4WDA, they are a great group of people that really know there stuff and they are very professional with the actions of the club, the Pres of the group owns a local 4X4 shop. I have been out of touch with them for a few months now until I can build up the KJ a little more to keep up with them! You could always come down when they do a newbie run, there private track is allot of fun.

So far going for a few drives around my neighborhood I rides like a dream! I do find that every bump or pothole that I run over really grabs the steering wheel though, and when it rebounds it almost seems like its topping out if thats the right word for it. If I had to guess, I would think its happening here where it meets the upper ball joint its very tight in there (dunno), or I am just not used to HD's.

And a Before and After just for the fun of it.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't been to the Safari park yet mostly because I need a second Jeep there with me (copied from there website)"Minimum requirements are two people per vehicle, two or more vehicles equipped with tow hooks, tow straps. 4x4's with winches should have a tree-saver strap, clevis,reduction block etc." So mabey we can plan a trip out there sometime and make a day out of it?

As for NA4WDA, they are a great group of people that really know there stuff and they are very professional with the actions of the club, the Pres of the group owns a local 4X4 shop. I have been out of touch with them for a few months now until I can build up the KJ a little more to keep up with them! You could always come down when they do a newbie run, there private track is allot of fun.

So far going for a few drives around my neighborhood I rides like a dream! I do find that every bump or pothole that I run over really grabs the steering wheel though, and when it rebounds it almost seems like its topping out if thats the right word for it. If I had to guess, I would think its happening here where it meets the upper ball joint its very tight in there (dunno), or I am just not used to HD's.

Maybe I missed it, but did you get the front end aligned yet?

The grab you feel through the steering wheel is a bump steer condition....that will go away when you get an alignment.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but did you get the front end aligned yet?

The grab you feel through the steering wheel is a bump steer condition....that will go away when you get an alignment.

Good, I will be getting alignment ASAP. Unfortunately I will be doing it when I get to work so its going to get a few km on it for the drive down. (140km)
Thanks for the heads up!