lift install....home made frankie-lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay...let me explain the situation first....

I have daystar top plates installed with my spacer lift right now. I DO NOT have the stock plates anymore or the bottom iso's for the front. Will this set-up work or will it cause problems? I have asked this before in several threads, but no one will give me an answer...just what "I should do instead."

OME927
RSX17505
Daystar Top Plate
.75 Poly (bottom)
RRO UCA's

Am I going to get into trouble with this lift? It is identical to the FrankenLift from what I can see.

Please let me know what I need to get this done. I am doing the install this week.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I am not sure on is the 3/4" poly. For some reason I think the Frankie is a little smaller than that. I've seen the 3.4" number thrown around too, but then have also seen people say it's a proprietary size.

If you have everything anyway, could always give it a try.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Frankenlift parts
You must be registered for see images attach

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks tommudd....i have all the same parts except the poly upper iso pictured. I am using OEM isos. i found a post i made in jan, that I seem to loose track of. It had some constructive criticism and some support of my home made frankie. thanks again for the help guys.

I will post before and after pics this weekend

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom - are those the same as the Rusty's 3/4" spacers?

How much are Daystar top plates?

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only thing different between the rusty .75" spacer (what I have) and the Frankenlift spacer is the built in "bump stop" wedge on the bottom. its there to keep the control arm and and ball joint from hitting the coils and clevis

Tom - are those the same as the Rusty's 3/4" spacers?
How much are Daystar top plates?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are close not sure
I got the Franky parts from someone who bought a full on Frankenlift then didn't like it, so they tore it apart, kept the springs/shocks and sold me the leftovers. I'm running them with 790s now:D

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
i should be able to tell you if this will work together this weekend is the weather stays nice. I have Rancho 17505 struts, OME 927 springs, .75 Rustys poly spacer, and gonna reuse my Daystar top plate. I cant see yet why it wount work as long as you use the daystar plates. The spacer looks the same except the "bump pad" for the uca.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm - so if I were to get Daystar top plates, I could use my 3/4" Rusty's poly spacer and have a "926" Frankie? I guess it'd be more of an "Igor Lift"? ;)

Interesting thought...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmmmm - so if I were to get Daystar top plates, I could use my 3/4" Rusty's poly spacer and have a "926" Frankie? I guess it'd be more of an "Igor Lift"? ;)

Interesting thought...

I have a set of Daystar upper stut plates. I just need the poly spacers.(naughty)
Then I would have a Frankenlift II.

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Here is the parts assembled:D Went together very nicely. looks good ill get a measurement after the alignment in aa few days.nana.gif

Last edited:

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the parts assembled:D Went together very nicely. looks good ill get a measurement after the alignment in aa few days.nana.gif

that was my exact set up....plus RRO UCA's. man did i run into some huge problems.

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
That is the same set up you were asking if it would work in the start of this thread.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the same set up you were asking if it would work in the start of this thread.

yeah, exact same set up...my alignment was the major issue. the front toed in so bad that I had trouble driving it to the local shop to get the front end aligned. I am taking it again today to another shop, cause the idiots there didnt want to do a lifted liberty and came up with some BS excuse that my tie rod ends were stripped.

Installation was a breeze...i followed the HOW TO thread and it was almost perfect. I did add the RRO upper control arms though and a new axle. Those were the toughest part of the install.