Liberty vs Tacoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grant1109

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’m new to this group. I have a 03 Jeep Liberty (Renegade) 4x4. Anyway I know y’all might be a little bias towards this question. I love my renegade but I’ve heard that the 3.7 that’s in them isn’t all that reliable or atleast it’***** or miss with most people. I have an option to buy a 2000 Tacoma but it has 200k miles on the clock. At the same time, I know for a fact that those are solid trucks, as I’ve grown up around them. Do you think it would be worth selling the Libby for that Tacoma? thanks

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Seems like the 3.7 is the better of the bunch for functionality. They don't like to be overheated but the crds don't either.

I treat anything with 200,000 miles like it was my sweet old granny.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is an impossible question to answer really with the information provided
A lot depends on how each have been maintained since brand new .
I have seen , well I own an 04 KJ with 232,000 miles on it that I would drive across country tomorrow
But I bought it new and have always maintained it myself
I have also seen many with 50-60,000 miles on them I would not drive into town from my place and its just 12-13 miles

grant1109

Reaction score
That is an impossible question to answer really with the information provided
A lot depends on how each have been maintained since brand new .
I have seen , well I own an 04 KJ with 232,000 miles on it that I would drive across country tomorrow
But I bought it new and have always maintained it myself
I have also seen many with 50-60,000 miles on them I would not drive into town from my place and its just 12-13 miles

yeah that’s true. I know it’s kinda a broad question. My liberty has some O2 sensor issues I’m trying to figure out and a few other issues. Seems to have been maintained decently since I got it with 129k and it’s now almost 140k. The Tacoma my friend is selling has been maintained well. I’m just stuck on what to do.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep buying one owner, well maintained KJs ( of course only 02-05's )
I have looked at Yotas but always come back LOL
Ive driven a few, delivered one from Ohio to Florida for a customer but just can't get away from Jeeps

grant1109

Reaction score
I keep buying one owner, well maintained KJs ( of course only 02-05's )
I have looked at Yotas but always come back LOL
Ive driven a few, delivered one from Ohio to Florida for a customer but just can't get away from Jeeps
I feel ya man, thanks for replying