Liberty towing opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. (Cheers)

I'm gonna try towing my pop-up camper with the Liberty this summer for the first time (usually use the truck). Just wondering what others think about the Liberty's towing feel/ability from your own experience. Tell me how much you've towed, and over what types of terrain (mountainous, curves, trails, etc...).
Thanks.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site \:D/

Haven't towed with the Libby yet, but my brother has towed a pop-up several hundred miles through the mountains with a Wrangler, that Libby, assuming it is a V6 out to handle it with no problems. Plus Bennett, has towed a pretty big trailer a while back, and it sucked on the gas, but towed well from what I remember him saying. Good luck.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
With a popup you'll get pretty good mpg, since its not as tall as the trailer I was pulling. But it will pull it very easily without trouble.

trailer1.jpg

With it full it probably weighed about 3000 lbs or more.

Bennett

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed 2000 lbs from Toronto to Calgary, north shore of Great Lakes is very steep terrain for a couple days, it was no problem at all, and I've towed about 1500 lbs through Rockies, again very easy, so pop-up I bet you'll hardly notice.

bochet

Reaction score
Towing for the first time today went fine- then I pulled away and felt my ****** slip. Now whenever I go into drive tonight it takes 2-3 seconds for it to go into gear. Not a good first impression!!!

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not good! How much weight are you towing? Maybe check your ****** fluid level.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Marty said:
That's not good! How much weight are you towing? Maybe check your ****** fluid level.

yeah, I pulled a lot of weight, and had no issues with my ******. I've got the 45RFE ******

Members online