Liberty Tent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6-SpeedLiberty

Reaction score
Well I negotiated in deal for my 2005 Jeep Liberty a free tent....the one that attaches to the back of the Liberty. This tent is amazing!!!! We took the Liberty up to Granby Lake in Colorado to attempt to set this bad boy up for the first time. All I have to say is that this tent is HUGE!!! Only complaint is the directions are awful and setting up this monster is a small challenge for the 1st time. The directions consist of a stick figure motioning how to set up the tent (literally...no joke). Anyway, if your looking for something different and want everyone to drive real slow past your campsite staring, this is the one to get!

NJBill

Reaction score
I'd like to see a quick getaway with that thing attached. :-k However, it is really cool looking. My son would love it.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
is it the same as this?

You must be registered for see images

Can you imagin some dumba$$ having the motor running trying to use the KJ heater to heat the tent..................with where our exhaust exit it would become the "Jeep Suicide Tent" (rotflmao)

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonehead said:
-=JoN=- said:
is it the same as this?

You must be registered for see images

Can you imagin some dumba$$ having the motor running trying to use the KJ heater to heat the tent..................with where our exhaust exit it would become the "Jeep Suicide Tent" (rotflmao)

rotfllmao

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somebody will probably do that, lol #-o

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be a dumb question, I can already see the flaming, but I am going to ask it anyway. Couldnt you use some kind of snorkel on your exhaust to redirect the fumes out of the tent?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
you probably could...just fab a hole where the exhaust is, and run like tubing to redirect the fumes...
BUT w/ gas prices so high, why would you want to keep the engine running.

6-SpeedLiberty

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have pics of it but the above posts is the same tent. I guess that is another bad thing is you do have to wait a bit until the exhaust is cooled down before attaching it to the back end of the tent. But in our case, the stick figure drawings gave us ample time to let the Jeep cool down. One suggestion, unless your very ambitious, I suggest not setting this tent up by yourself the 1st time not only because it's a little bit confusing, but the size of the tent makes it a small challenge to raise the whole tent on both sides without it falling apart on the other side. However, once this tent is up and secure, its damn sturdy!

broncsrule

Reaction score
tent

We recieved the tent w/our Libby. It is awesome! It does take a while to set up the first few times, but it is huge. We fit 2 queen size air mattresses side by side. Plenty of room for the three of us.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: tent

broncsrule said:
We recieved the tent w/our Libby. It is awesome! It does take a while to set up the first few times, but it is huge. We fit 2 queen size air mattresses side by side. Plenty of room for the three of us.

2 QUEENS!!! And here I thought one king size was big enough for a *********... er I mean three people 8-[

I've heard of the mile high club, but the "Libby Tent club" is REALLY exclusive =D>

AussieJeep

Reaction score
Tent

Hi, is the tent still available, and how much are you asking for it?
Thanks O:)