Leveling Suggestions???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was about to ask for that exact pic just to clarify.

another little trick;) , keep the jack under the lower arm, take the UBJ nut all the way off, spray good with WD40 or whatever, then run the nut back up on some lower the jack down just a little bit and "smack it" where the picture shows, that way you are sure that the nut will come completely off easily and with the nut on you will not hit the threads and mess them up

Upon reinstalling, jack up the lower control arm start the UBJ down in the hole and then take a bar back in the springs and pry down pushing the ball joint down in and put the nut back on, some have trouble with the nut spinning if not done this way

I KNOW...I KNOW more info than requested

Tom

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I KNOW...I KNOW more info than requested
Tom

That's OK. I actually like it when I get a free serving and don't even have to pay for it...

Thanks for the pointer. I will take all I can get. I want this to be as easy as possible.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tony crd: :confused: :confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

YOU DO NOT BANG ON THE BALL JOINT YOU HIT THE SPINDLE also if you hold down on the UCA with something ( like a bar back in the spring the bolt will not spin)
OK my Archie Bunker rant is over:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry...post edited....I misunderstood 'spindle'.

I fixed your smilies. Wanna be friends again? :D

Didn't know we were not friends, :( does this mean I need to take you out to lunch or something now??? :rolleyes:
wait we're not women are we so none of that stuff, lets get a beer instead, its 7:32 A.M. here, been working for an hour and a half so I am about ready!!!:D:D:D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry...post edited....I misunderstood 'spindle'.

I fixed your smilies. Wanna be friends again? :D

Since we are out of LOST and so I work from memory:

I told Long_tall_texan he needs to extend the mounting point of the rear brake hose to the body/ brake line since he has an '07.

I was right, right?
Right on with the extended brake hose bracket, I have made a couple just out of scrap metal and they are working great