Let's talk stereo's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What have you guys got in your KJ? The stock 6 disc changer version in mine is ok, but I like Pandora and won't work in this one. So will probably be putting in a Sony head unit I pulled out of my F150 before I traded it for the Ram 1500 4x4 I currently have.

Most likely will upgrade the speakers as well. One of the dash speakers sounds blown, as it makes this blaaat, blaaat sound. Maybe I will just eliminate the dash speakers if I get quality one for the doors. What are you guys running?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Infinity premium audio but swapped the 6 disk changer for a nice JVC CD deck with USB ports, I then had the front door speakers blow so I threw in a decent set of speakers I had laying around in but in the next little while I will be tearing all 4 door speakers out and replacing them with Alpine Type S's which I have always used for vehicles, Then replacing dash tweeters because they are not what they used to be, My brother gave me a nice small subwoofer/Amp/Box deal that I will put under the rear seats, Will sure be an upgrade, Miss the Infiniti when it was in its prime but not paying that kind of money to have it back when I can have better for less money.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• JeepPioneerstereo.jpg
    JeepPioneerstereo.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stereo in a 4 wheel drive= nice exhaust note and tires that sing to you
anything else is just plain noise
My radio / stereo is never on unless someone is with me and I don't want to listen to them :icon_lol:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Pioneer on the black Friday sale for $39. Will give a report after Santa delivers it on Christmas to my daughter. That reminds me, I better get the install kit stuff ordered...

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stereo in a 4 wheel drive= nice exhaust note and tires that sing to you
anything else is just plain noise
My radio / stereo is never on unless someone is with me and I don't want to listen to them :icon_lol:

When the nearest "city" is over an hour away, it gets a little boring listening to the monotonous drone of tires singing. I much prefer a variety. :waytogo:

Also, I have never got excited over a V6 exhaust note. V8's are a different story, especially if they are of the 440 Mopar variety. My GTX had the stock AM radio that never got turned on. You couldn't hear it even if you did. See clip below. :gr_grin:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v493/SeventyGTX/seventyGTX.mp4

Last edited:

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Kenwood KDC-BT755HD fully loaded with Sirius XM, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Pandora and everything. Using its 6 pre amp outputs to push a Hifonics Brutus BRX320.4 4 channel amp going to JBL GTO628 speakers (low cost, but good for the money) and a Hifonics BRX1100.1D Pushing two Rockford Fosgate P3 12" subs. Also coupled with a 1.2 Farad capacitor. With the stock speakers I couldn't hear any highs with the bass...now I can hear it all. It's great. But my head hurts and I get free back massages...it's fun. It's been a long install and now I know everything about that cars audio system(stock and after market) so if you need help ask me haha. Take a look.
You must be registered for see images attach

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always used Crutchfield for all the Jeeps I've owned and never been disappointed...I like doing my own work whenever possible and their website makes selecting and installing a replacement system as easy as possible if you know one end of a screwdriver from another...I installed a Kenwood KDC-X399 and Kenwood speakers in my '04 for less than $300.00 and am well-satisfied...with all due respect to Mr. Mudd, I do love Pandora and the ability to program the music you most enjoy hearing while driving...

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second crutch field. Their tech support and customer service is also phenomenal.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Crutchfield supporter here. Top shelf people, service, and prices.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield is great for info but being in Canada its easier to buy here, Got all 4 new Alpine Type S 6.5" speakers at 60% off on boxing day and installed them, Sounds amazing now, Now I just need to replace the Infinity tweeters and install my sub/amp box under the rear seat.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
How did the install go with those Alpine door speakers?
Direct fir or any adapters, windows roll down ok?
Got any pics of them?