LED headlights ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sylvania Xtra Vision both died on me at the same time so I'm looking for a replacement.

I saw at my local auto part store some LED headlights: DAI
Same kit but 130 CAD

Any thoughts about these leds used as headlights ? I want to get more light without adding light bars.

Thanks,

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually with those type of leds, you get dead/dark spots in the beam pattern on the road. My brother tried the H13 version and quickly uninstalled them. They looked exactly the same as the ones you linked

Last edited:

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found all the Philips bulbs at rockauto at great price !

Is the Xtreme Vision better than the CrystalVision ?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had also heard bad things about LED bulbs in the rain. Apparently hard to see the light or something.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had also heard bad things about LED bulbs in the rain. Apparently hard to see the light or something.

I actually prefer led bulbs in the rain. Easier to see in my opinion. I have 9005 leds in my fog lights. They replaced 9005 Philips xtreme vision bulbs, no comparison.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extreme vision is the one you want. Crystal vision is a white/blue light that is not as bright.

I just want light for the wood driving I do not care about style/appearance.

I ordered them 46CAD shipped which is cheaper than my former Sylvania's

I actually prefer led bulbs in the rain. Easier to see in my opinion. I have 9005 leds in my fog lights. They replaced 9005 Philips xtreme vision bulbs, no comparison.

I actually have LEDs fogs and like them but I read that leds for headlights aren't that good hence this thread.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want bright lights get some bi xenon bulbs easy to install. Got a kit for 10,000 k bi xenon bulbs (I drive out in the country side) and they work great. You get two lights the ballasts and two anti flicker capacitors. I still have a link if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want bright lights get some bi xenon bulbs easy to install. Got a kit for 10,000 k bi xenon bulbs (I drive out in the country side) and they work great. You get two lights the ballasts and two anti flicker capacitors. I still have a link if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my high beams when I see those coming at me
10,000 k LOL

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kit posted in post #1 is also illegal in the US to be installed in any vehicle not originally equipped as such. Using a reflector style headlight housing with HID or LED bulbs/emitters... not legal.

Of course, unless you have inspections in your state, not likely to be a problem; except for oncoming traffic who will hate you.

Teeje, the ebay ad you posted, even states light color is Deep Blue. I am surprised that yours appear white to you.

Beam Type: Hi-Lo Beam
Light Color: 10000K Deep Blue