Leak at front differential where the drivers side drive shaft exits.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstin

Reaction score
Doing brakes on my neighbors '04 (I think) Liberty 4WD I noticed what feels like 80-90w leaking around the front drivers side shaft. I also noticed what looks like white silicone smeared around the area. It looks like a cover was removed and white silicone was used to seal it. I'm not familiar with white RTV....Any way she called me today saying she saw "dirty oil on the drive". I've looked around the 'net & haven't found this to be a chronic issue with the Liberty's. I know she bought it used from a dealer with low miles, prob. about 25k by now.

It the seal there difficult?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing brakes on my neighbors '04 (I think) Liberty 4WD I noticed what feels like 80-90w leaking around the front drivers side shaft. I also noticed what looks like white silicone smeared around the area. It looks like a cover was removed and white silicone was used to seal it. I'm not familiar with white RTV....Any way she called me today saying she saw "dirty oil on the drive". I've looked around the 'net & haven't found this to be a chronic issue with the Liberty's. I know she bought it used from a dealer with low miles, prob. about 25k by now.

It the seal there difficult?

Not difficult but time consuming. Probably looking at around 2 hrs. total.