Lack of heat in an '03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingfish

Reaction score
I've read that now a coulee of times .... but .... I started with my hose pushing water through one direction. The water flowed through ok. I reversed direction. It flowed through ok. I reversed direction again and a glob of pink snot looking mucus came out and the water flowed through better. Now we have full heat. So regardless of design something flushed out, maybe it was just crap in the tubes that go to the core versus in the core itself but it worked.

This is what I'm hoping for. Flushing one direction then reversing the hoses and back-flushing might dislodge something and restore circulation. Tomorrow's project. Might take a look at the Prestone flush kit.

Kingfish

Reaction score
There’s a prestone kit I’ve used to add access ports to heater lines on my other vehicle to flush and clean the whole system. The cleaner included was decent. You decide if you want to flush the system or just the core - if just the core I couldn’t think of way to recirculate the cleaner without getting fancy.

I don't know if this counts as fancy, but I have a pump that attaches to an electric drill that I can attach hoses to. I can add as much cleaner as possible then just circulate it ad nauseum through the core until flushing it out with clean water.