KK - Passenger Heater Blend Door Actuator

Discussion in 'KK General Discussion' started by TheCanadian, Nov 8, 2019.

1. TheCanadian

TheCanadian Member

So I'm trying to find this part without breaking the bank since I'm a student. Would you guys recommend getting this part from a wrecker? also would the old gen liberty's have the same one?

2. lfhoward

lfhoward Full Access Member

Which part? The air distribution box? If that’s what you mean, no, I wouldn’t get it from a pull-a-part junkyard because it would be so much trouble to take another dash apart to get to it. Also, you want one with new seals that are not going to degrade and get stuck in a couple of years so you have to do the job all over again.
    If you are referring to the actuator motors, yes, those are pretty easy to pull. All 3 are the same part number if I remember correctly.

3. TheCanadian

TheCanadian Member

Sounds good, I'll have to shop around to get the lowest price I guess for the distribution box

4. lfhoward

lfhoward Full Access Member

Put a new heater core in it while you have the box out of the dash. Even if your current heater core seems fine, by now it’s at least 7 years old if you have a 2012 and spending some additional cash now will save you tons of work or $$$ in the future.

5. TheCanadian

TheCanadian Member

I've gotten my heater core flushed before and it pumped more heat.

I have to get the radiator fluid changed since its almost a copper color and I'm sure it's clogging the heater core once again. There's a few shops that do it mechanically which is perfect.

6. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

I know the KJs have to use HOAT radiator fluid only which is an orange color.....make sure you use the correct one for your Jeep!