KK front diff pic: arb and gears coming soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boblemoche

Reaction score
So I guess im breaking the ice :D Im gonna install an arb and 4.10 gears in my front diff soon. I removed my front diff today with my buddy. First time I do such a job but it went well. It took us 5 hours. Tomorrow i will open it and clean everythig then next week I will buy a used D30 carrier from a xj or tj for a test fit then I will order all the expensive parts. Stay tuned more pics coming in the next few weeks as I progress

now for your viewing pleasure

You must be registered for see images attach

anyone have pics of a kj D30a for comparison

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the final build on this KK going to look like? Lift? Tires? Lockers?

The KK is our family car. I have an 04 Rubicon... 4.5" BDS SL, 1.25" JKS BL, all the armor, on 35" Procomp Xtreme MT's... that is our toy.

Boblemoche

Reaction score
I have an eye on the the 4' lift that is coming soon and 32'' tires for next year mabe. I will also put arb in the rear. My armor is almost finished. I dont have a family car. The KK is my toy drive.gif

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what kind of pics do you need of the KJ front diff, happen to have an extra one just laying in the garage with 4.10s etc already, and will have another one in a week or so with DTT and 4.10s in it, so let me know what pics you want to see!

Boblemoche

Reaction score
any pics of the housing. The kk diff is supposed to be stronger. im just curious to see where they beefed things up. And also a pic of the carrier if you have it open

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any pics of the housing. The kk diff is supposed to be stronger. im just curious to see where they beefed things up. And also a pic of the carrier if you have it open

Its very obvious where they beefed it up some, all around the pinion.. I hope the engineers for the front diff in the kj are being beat at this very moment. :rolleyes:

Post some pics tom..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried posting but this site does not like me at all....LOL PM me your email address and I will get some to you

Tom

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK people I am sending some pics to jeepster so he can post them , see if it helps any, mine on my 04 looks a little different than this one which I think is a later maybe 05/06

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go.. Sorry it took so long, been a little busy...

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn shame they didn't make it mount in the same as the KJ so we could use them for replacements.

Boblemoche

Reaction score
time for a little update

So I have recived all the parts for the front. I changed my mind on the gears and now im going with 4.56 :D The KK diff use the same gears as the JK dana30 so 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 and even 5.13 are available for our front diff but the rear cryco 8.25 is limited to 4.88 .Looks like gears will fit now but im not done yet so wait before you buy your own. I have problems now with the arb. I still think it will fit in the end but its gonna be a pita. I tried fitting the cv in the locker it got stuck inside. The way the side gears hold the c clip on the axle is diffrent on the arb vs stock carrier. on the arb the c clip can move in a way that it lock the cv inside. I could not remove the shaft even with me jumping on a 5' pry bar. I had to dissasemble the locker witch can be a major problem if its in the housing

Latest posts

Members online