Kj uca bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced mine before with moog, I won't do it again as the arm itself tries to collapse when pressing bushings and ball joint. I'm likely to go with iron rock, there's a thread on here discussing it.
plz let us know how it goes and the method you use, I've been looking at this for a while but havent taken the leap as my rear UCA is fine knock on wood

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plz let us know how it goes and the method you use, I've been looking at this for a while but havent taken the leap as my rear UCA is fine knock on wood
Hi, I'm not sure if you're asking about my experience with rebuilding stock uca or when I get around to doing the iron rock setup? As far as pressing in new bushings and ball joint into uca, it's doable, but I'll never do it again it deformed the uca slightly at best and mine has no rust on it. But for the price of a quality new one you're in iron rock territory and that setup looks pretty darn good, but it's gonna be a while before I get to it as I'm rebuilding my garage and it's winter in Idaho.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You would replace as a unit. You won't save almost any money trying to press-in the balljoints and bushings and you WILL collapse the arm before you can do that. Trust me, I tried. I got 1 bushing almost all the way out before it started to collapse and after that I said F this and got a whole unit. MAYBE if you got it super hot with a torch and had access to a press you could get it out, but it's not a DIY-able project with rental hand tools.

I just replaced my 2 year 5k mile lifetime warranty Movotech supreme UCA last night. I think I trashed it while my rear diff was locked on pavement and I stupidly was doing figure 8's trying to get it to unlock. The ball joint was rock solid and showed no signs of wear, though the pinch bolt and ball joint sleeve was starting to corrode. Biggest issue is that both bushings were soft and the left side one had started to tear (which is what makes me suspect I prematurely trashed it). I'm going to say that the MEvotech supreme one is okay, but is probably won't last a lifetime. Good news, RA will just keep sending you new ones.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only reason I was successful is because I had access to a free standing shop press, but even then there were some cringy moments.