KJ- The proper rear trailer hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the KJ, are there trailer hitches that are for the KJ that also work on other vehicles or is it going to be KJ specific? Just wondering if I can broaden my scope of looking for a hitch for my KJ. Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
KK hitch will work but you have to cut 4 inches off the bottom of the bumper
Otherwise just get a KJ hitch and be done
I hear they make them almost everyday:shrug::happy175:

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Now if you'd kindly like to show me a list of used ones that were made on a day in the past and are being sold as used, you'd truly rock:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where you are in Michigan but seems like I see them in Detroit on Craigslist quite often

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link j-rod. I wish I would have had this link yesterday for a wheel for a Grand Am.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That website is what the junk yards use cross talk. Very cool. I found parts for my Falcon, and my Jeep with it.. I found a 62 Woody Wagon 4 miles from my house. I picked it clean of all its valuable possessions. That site is MONEY!!!

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
j-rod thanks for the heads up on the car parts site. I scored on a hitch for $40 about 10 miles away. It's in better shape than the one on the GMC extended cab, long bed lease I just turned in.

I plan on cleaning it up and coating it with textured truck bed coating.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
j-rod thanks for the heads up on the car parts site. I scored on a hitch for $40 about 10 miles away. It's in better shape than the one on the GMC extended cab, long bed lease I just turned in.

I plan on cleaning it up and coating it with textured truck bed coating.

That's how I found mine and for the same price too. A bit of clean up and some POR-15 and it's better than new. Found an OEM 7-pin wiring harness on eBay new-in-the-box for $75 - 45 minutes had a factory hitch and wiring. Just added the rad shroud from an '02 with the factory trailer option and you'd think I got the Libby from the factory ready to tow our boat... :smokin:

Bob

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooking up a trailer wiring harness on a Liberty is like a crazy nightmare. Crazy expensive and with a GM truck you just un-plug a connector by the spare tire and plug in the t and boom, your done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hooking up a trailer wiring harness on a Liberty is like a crazy nightmare. Crazy expensive and with a GM truck you just un-plug a connector by the spare tire and plug in the t and boom, your done.

Thats the way mines hooked up, pop out the two tail lights plug and play , been that way for years now
no crazy nightmares involved :happy175:

jschenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack this, but is 2007 still in the KJ model? I found a used hitch from a 2007 liberty for 60 bucks, but I wanna make sure it'll fit my 04 libby with no modding before I buy it. Thanks!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack this, but is 2007 still in the KJ model? I found a used hitch from a 2007 liberty for 60 bucks, but I wanna make sure it'll fit my 04 libby with no modding before I buy it. Thanks!

Yep, that'll fit. Even hitches from KK models will fit the KJ with slight mod to the bumper.

You're good to go...:party52:

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the way mines hooked up, pop out the two tail lights plug and play , been that way for years now
no crazy nightmares involved :happy175:

(yeahthat)

Lots of options for harnesses - both 4-flat and 7-pin round styles. Not hard at all - if you've installed a new stereo head unit or replaced headlight bulbs you can install a trailer harness too.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online