Kj skids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linkfalcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need skids to cover exhaust I have a front engine skid and transfer case and gas tank is there one that cover y-pipe area and trans from mopar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes there is, i got mine from summit, i think it is for the 05+ KJs but i made it to fit my 2002, used the holes that would mount to the cross member and had to modify the brackets to slide under the front engine skid which holds it down.
im sure you can google the mopar part number

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw your post on lost that says you have a 2002.

82210003 that is the 05+ trans skid part number. there is no trans skid for the 02-04 models, but you can make it work like i said above.

for the front mounts at the suspension cross member, i cut off the mounts on the skid, and welded some flat bar on instead, this let it slip under the factory front skid.

then i drilled holes for the mount in the crossmember after the transmission, and used nutserts there.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/fueltank.html

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it cover y pipe area

Yep, in the second pic you can see the driver's side down-pip just before it connects to the y-pipe. Everything is protected from the engine crossmember to the end of the transmission front to back, and from about 1.5 inches inside the "frame" rails from side to side.

Again, look closely at the 2nd pic above and you get a good idea of its coverage area.

Bob

linkfalcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool will have to find any one have pics of the mopar one mounted

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mopar skid plate is cheap and will not protect your transmission, Just get the one from jeepin by al and call it a day.

Latest posts

Members online