kj lift...confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just want everyone to know your opinion even if it puts out contradicting and confusing information? Got it....sheesh...

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just want everyone to know your opinion even if it puts out contradicting and confusing information? Got it....sheesh...

Didn't contradict anything provided additional info. I didn't tell the OP to install 790's or even suggest it. How is that confusing ? Sorry your so confused!

I'm done

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per Tom's info on the springs:
OEM Stock: 310
OME 925: 350
OME 926: 375
OME 927: 400
OME 790: 500
So are the 927's heavy-duty? They certainly are compared to stock and the other two OME lighter weight ones.
Just for the record, heavy duty does not necessarily mean heaviest duty!
Jeez guys, argue about something more important and life threatening than this!! ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So how fast is the train going that is heading East and where will it meet the one heading West if only one is carrying bacon? :shrug:
I'm so confused , just need to know when the bacon will arrive,..... and well of course if its Heavy Duty bacon or Medium

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how fast is the train going that is heading East and where will it meet the one heading West if only one is carrying bacon? :shrug:
I'm so confused , just need to know when the bacon will arrive,..... and well of course if its Heavy Duty bacon or Medium

Can't answer that without knowing the engineer's name. lol

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heavy duty bacon??? Now we're talking more important and life threatening.....:happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
See Tom.... the bacon is arriving.... :icon_lol:
50563[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Look at the poor sagging Jeep.... is waiting for the train to cross...and waiting for a proper lift!
Now he will experience a very bumpy ride even crossing the tracks...
However a smooth ride can be found.....with 927's & 948's....
And owner will celebrate soon ! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• KJJeepWaiting.jpg
    KJJeepWaiting.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going OME lift go 927 front springs and 948 rear springs. They're heavy duty springs. They'l give you about 2.5" of lift of new stock height. So if you sagged an inch, you'll get 3.5" of lift.

Shocks, I run bilsteins. I love them. Some run OME or Ironman. I believe Bilstein is the "cheapest" of the 3.

02lib

Reaction score
This may be left feild but can an OME kit be combined with a strut spacer kit to add extra height while maintaining a good ride quality?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This may be left feild but can an OME kit be combined with a strut spacer kit to add extra height while maintaining a good ride quality?

What are you calling a "strut spacer kit" ??
You can add a 1/4 inch top plate for 1/2 inch more height
You can add a 3/8 inch clevis for 3/4 inch more height
Just not sure what you are calling a strut spacer kit ??

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME front springs + lower poly spring spacers = Frankenlift (their own "proprietary" spacers).
Does Daystar use substandard materials?

My guess is that maybe it's because of the amount of lift the Daystar gives? It would probably put you at around 5" or more of lift if you combined the OME plus the Daystar spacers. More if top plate and clevis spacers are being added.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you NEED to get the upper control arms with an iroman 1.5" lfit?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that maybe it's because of the amount of lift the Daystar gives? It would probably put you at around 5" or more of lift if you combined the OME plus the Daystar spacers. More if top plate and clevis spacers are being added.

Perhaps, I considered that too.
But compare the spacer that comes with the Frankenlift: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f194/frankenlift-premium-ii-fronts-56780/
To the Daystar: Daystar 1.5" Front Level Spacers for Jeep Liberty KJ | Morris 4x4 Center
Makes me wonder if the Frankenlift spacers are really "proprietary", or "somebody elses".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps, I considered that too.
But compare the spacer that comes with the Frankenlift: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f194/frankenlift-premium-ii-fronts-56780/
To the Daystar: Daystar 1.5" Front Level Spacers for Jeep Liberty KJ | Morris 4x4 Center
Makes me wonder if the Frankenlift spacers are really "proprietary", or "somebody elses".

The Frankenlift parts are made to their specs, no one else can buy those parts but AllJs. Although a Daystar lift and the parts for the Franky look similar they are different enough that you can not make your own Frankenlift. Its been tried by some who thought they knew more but doesn't work. I have had both in my hands at the same time.