KJ fan for life.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchie

Reaction score
I am the owner of a Jeep Cherokee 2.8 Diesel (Liberty) since 2007. I have been on several trips of which the best was a camping trip to Namibia in 2010. My next camping trip is to Mabuasehube in Botswana where you camp in the wilderness with no fences. In Mabua you have to be self sufficient with water, fuel and food as you are about 200 km from the closest shops. I will be towing an off-road trailer with all my equipment and the worst part will be a two wheel soft sand track for the last 120 kms. The average speed that you can travel on this track vary between 30 and 50 km/h in 4HI. I have a lot of respect for my Jeep, but if I get trough this trip without problems, I will be very happy.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. That sounds like an awesome trip.

Dave

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a 2 vehicle trip to me.. I'd hate to be that far away from anything with a broken vehicle. No matter how reliable something is, there's always the possibility of something breaking. I'm done preaching now, it does sound like a fun trip. Enjoy it!

Crunchie

Reaction score
Thank you. I am looking forward to the trip and you are right about the one vehicle trip. We are 4 vehicles in the party but I will be the only one with a Jeep.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.