keyfob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sassyfrass3

Reaction score
does anyone know if the keyfobs have to be reset when you change batteries? i was gonna change mine but the batteries i put in didnt work so i put the old ones bk in and it still does not work...what can i do

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Mine quit working, replaced batteries, worked fine. Battery in upside-down?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My Key fob terminals had tarnished /corroded a bit, and used emery cloth to clean them up, worth a try..

Attachments

• Key Fob 5.jpg
    Key Fob 5.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Key Fob 7.jpg
    Key Fob 7.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 6

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep one ignition key plus the seperate keyfob hidden under my Jeep in case of an emergency....occasionally swapping them over with the other set.

Both keys and the tumblers are worn out after nearly 20 years of usage but I find it weird that I have not had to replace batteries yet in either keyfob....I have probably jinxed myself now!;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I use my VOM to test the button battery voltages. They do last an extremely long time in warmer climates.
If you work outside, batteries do not like the cold.
I recently changed mine & have learned to keep them warm, like an inside pocket when below freezing.

Attachments

• Cool Key Fob.jpg
    Cool Key Fob.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 3

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new fob I got when I bought the 04 new, and it still works , tried it a while ago.
Been laying in a drawer at the farm all these years
The 03 and 05 seem or look like they both have the original batteries in them as well and both still work well
My keys are always in my pocket so they stay toasty warm LOL