Key doesn't deactivate alarm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a weird one. I noticed my Jeep started doing this a while back. My door-unlocker fob went out about a year ago, so I've just been using the key to unlock the door. About six months ago, the key stopped deactivating the alarm, so when you unlock the door with the key the alarm goes off. This is a real pain in the ass. Anybody know why the hooptie is doing this ?? It's a 2003 Limited model. Does this happen to ya'll ??

:cheers:

keeponjeepin

Reaction score
I have an 02 doing the same. If you lock the doors manually the alarm does not go off. I've tried other fobs but cannot get them to program.

KJJ

Reaction score
Did you ever find out what the problem was? I only have one key to my '06. The other day I was at the dealer getting brake work and a recall fixed on the '05 and and since I was there I inquired with the service guy how much could I expect to pay to buy a new key w/remote fob from them. I just bout choked when he told me. So I asked about just a key that I can open the door with if I lock myself out or lost the other one. Yes I could get a door key without the fob but the alarm would go off and wouldn't stop until I started the jeep up with it. I'm thinking if your fob is dead then your key is just like a fobless key. Does the alarm go off when you start the jeep?