Just installed some front tow hooks. Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a fellow member here, I found out that the older KJ mopar tow hook accessory kit would work for the KK as well. I got the kit ordered through my parts department for about $80.
With the older kit, you get two hooks. With the new KK tow hook kit, you get one hook for the passenger side. This is because of the power steering cooler being mounted on the left.
I had to remove the mount for the two lines and reroute the upper line to fit behind the tow hook. I then had to get some convoluted tubing and zip tie a 6 inch section to the line, just to be on the safe side and make sure nothing rubs a hole in it. I did this later that day, so the convoluted tubing isn't pictured.
Anyways, it took about 20-30 minutes to install. Super easy. My KK even left a present on my stall floor. Dirt clods.:D

Sorry, but they are cell phone pics. That is the only camera that I have on me at work. It's not bad, but not as clear as I'd want.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I also ordered a KJ rear tow hook for my KK. The mounts look almost identical, but if it doesn't bolt right up, I'll just fab a bracket for it. My rear hook is coming from back east, so hopefully I'll get it on by Wednesday or so. I'll post some pics of it as well.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I didn't move my lines. I had test drove a Liberty with them from the factory,they were just pushed over so that's all I did. But to do it right- your way. Did you make a decision on rock rails?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. There really isn't much to choose from. Everybody is telling me to stay away from RRO though.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I didn't move my lines. I had test drove a Liberty with them from the factory,they were just pushed over so that's all I did. But to do it right- your way. Did you make a decision on rock rails?

I was noticing that yesterday after reading this post, I went out to my truck and I have 2 tow hooks.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the correct kit. The Mopar part number for the kit that I ordered was 82206124, which is the number listed in the link you posted.

patricKK

Reaction score
2008 Liberty front tow hook instalation

Thanks to a fellow member here, I found out that the older KJ mopar tow hook accessory kit would work for the KK as well. ]

I also have a 2008 Liberty and I would like to mount a tow hook as you did. Looking at the Mopar drawing, it shows mounting a stud plate through a hole in the frame. There is a black cube-shaped plastic piece covering that hole. Do I have to remove the bumper in order to remove the black cube-shaped plastic piece? Is there a way to avoid removing the bumper? I am not very experienced with that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008KK did'nt have a "cube" could you post a picture of it? If you got the KJ Mopar tow hooks you should have an "M" bolt did you get them?