Just found out about the KK strut fork/clevis mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the KK strut fork/clevis should bolt on, this means it should also work with OME suspension correct?

Why is this mod not talked about more?

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the price. Time you by both sides. I've been quoted $70 a piece. Well ti e you by 2. Your not that far from the price of a set of OME springs. So why spend that much for an inch when for $30 more you can get a good set of lift springs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only one year works
Plus they are a slightly different width
Plus price no reason to buy them when you can do a clevis for free and add a top plate and done
Funny how all of a sudden its like a new idea :icon_lol:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly tomm I respect your opinions it seems like you have worked on quite a few of these rigs from what i have read. I was just surprised because another member just mentioned it to me but i havent read anything about it since ive been on these forums. i was only wondering if there was a reason people dont do it.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the price. Time you by both sides. I've been quoted $70 a piece. Well ti e you by 2. Your not that far from the price of a set of OME springs. So why spend that much for an inch when for $30 more you can get a good set of lift springs.

Your logic makes sense if somebody would comp the freight and take CDN$ at par..... but I haven't seen a vendor offering that yet.

Good used struts w/ KK forks were $95 CDN each from a local wrecker.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a pick and pull in the upcoming months. I'll see what I can find and if there are extras I'll share them here ;)

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one year works
Plus they are a slightly different width
Plus price no reason to buy them when you can do a clevis for free and add a top plate and done
Funny how all of a sudden its like a new idea :icon_lol:
Tom. Why only one year? Doesn't the 08 thru 11 use the same setup on both the liberty's and nitro's. As well as share the same shock, springs, and top mount with the kj's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other KK fork/clevis I've seen in pics were stamped steel.

The 2008 ones I picked up happen to be cast. The width is the same as KJ where it bolts to the bushing... and the same where it meets the strut.

Mine are in, along with 3 conduit nuts. I needed the extra length to make my 3/4" cradle drop work. :gr_grin:

Attachments

• 20160301_160331_resized.jpg
    20160301_160331_resized.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 64

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, they changed the design, way they were made after 08
3/4 inch cradle drop so what did you do with the UCAs?
So KK clevis and clevis :blah:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't about to stack 6 or 7 conduit nuts in there... so the KK one let me use 3 like everybody else does.

I remounted the balljoint under the UCA, instead of top-down. Angles are dandy. (Alignment shop adjusted my driveway job less than 1°.) I should be in good shape to go up another inch or so when I decide to stuff in some new CRD coils.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't about to stack 6 or 7 conduit nuts in there... so the KK one let me use 3 like everybody else does.

I remounted the balljoint under the UCA, instead of top-down. Angles are dandy. (Alignment shop adjusted my driveway job less than 1°.) I should be in good shape to go up another inch or so when I decide to stuff in some new CRD coils.

CRD coils will not really give you more lift
Still limited to amount you can go due to tie rod angles etc
Seen a lot try over the years but there are many limiting factors if you want to keep it a DD and be safe

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD coils will not really give you more lift
Still limited to amount you can go due to tie rod angles etc
Seen a lot try over the years but there are many limiting factors if you want to keep it a DD and be safe

Pinion angle comes to mind as well.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get any lift from the diesel springs it's simply because they're stiffer, not because they're longer. keep that in mind, as it'll ride rougher.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.