just bought an 08 jeep liberty!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACKJEEEPSTER

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums I purchased an 08 jeep liberty last week and I love it. We have had a lot of snow lately and this thing goes through everything. My only problem is that the seating position is extreeeeeemly uncomfortable. I didn't notice the first few days but it seems like the more I drive it the more I hate the seating position. Is there anything I could replace the factory seats with? Maybe swapping factory power seats would help due to more adjust ability? Or is there any aftermarket seats that would work?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've seen someone replace their seats.

I didn't like the KJ/KK seating position at first either. It is quite weird.

Believe me when I say you grow to get used to it and when it's gone, you miss it.....

Welcome!

BLACKJEEEPSTER

Reaction score
I've seen someone replace their seats.

I didn't like the KJ/KK seating position at first either. It is quite weird.

Believe me when I say you grow to get used to it and when it's gone, you miss it.....

Welcome!

I hope I can get used to it. I just got back from running some errands and I was squirming in the seat from being extremely uncomfortable.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Is it the seats or the position?

I've noticed that the SEATS in my KK are MUCH better than the seats in my old KJ. My KJ used to give me the most horrible hip cramp on long trips, and I never could figure out exactly why.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of limited motion in my right ankle,I modified my 08 KK Sports, gas pedal and "stack" floor mats to raise my heel. When I bought my KK I ask the dealer about adding power seats.I was told cheaper to sale mine and buy one with them. Since then I drove a work 08KK Limited with power leather seats and thought I was able to get in better postions with the power seats. But I don't like leather.

BLACKJEEEPSTER

Reaction score
Is it the seats or the position?

I've noticed that the SEATS in my KK are MUCH better than the seats in my old KJ. My KJ used to give me the most horrible hip cramp on long trips, and I never could figure out exactly why.

Yes, The seating position is to high and there is no lumbar support. I wish I would lower the seat a few inches. I'm 6`3" plus the high seating just feels so awkward to me.

BLACKJEEEPSTER

Reaction score
Because of limited motion in my right ankle,I modified my 08 KK Sports, gas pedal and "stack" floor mats to raise my heel. When I bought my KK I ask the dealer about adding power seats.I was told cheaper to sale mine and buy one with them. Since then I drove a work 08KK Limited with power leather seats and thought I was able to get in better postions with the power seats. But I don't like leather.

I'm going to look on eBay to see if I could score some leathers for a good price.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Dave