Jeep & Nikon Promotion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTiger

Reaction score
I picked up my new Liberty I ordered in August on Saturday, 11/24. Today I received a Jeep gift with purchase brochure in the mail for people who had requested info through the Jeep website. The giveaway is a free Nikon D40 digital camera and lens kit. A $600 camera! Beats the free duffle bags and pen sets the competiton is offering. I guess Jeep wants everyone to take pictures on their adventures and show them to all there friends driving Honda CRV's who can't make it up the mountain!!! Jeep rocks!

RickM

Reaction score
are you saying you received a Nikon D40 free from Jeep? How did you do that?

BillyBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you won a prize? I don't see them giving away a 400 dollar camera for a brochure?

Of course, I might be confused...then again I'm often confused....where am I again?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
They also gave Columbia jackets away with the Columbia Edition back in 2004. Those are pricey as well. Sure won't be the first time.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like if you requested information and then made a purchase, you get this gift.

Very cool, my wife will be jealous. We just got her a Canon D30 (I think?). Not cheap!

RickM

Reaction score
well, I looked up info on the Jeep web site, then requested a quote via a dealer through their site, then bought the KK, but they didnt' send me a Nikon camera. I did, however, get a Jeep Accessories catalog in the mail today.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A very nice Columbia jacket i might add. . . i got a $26,000 jacket and a free jeep liberty. who can beat that?

You got one to!! Too bad the jacket color doesn't match the Jeep. I opted for the blue over the red at the time though. Would've liked black but no option.

What an expensive jacket!!!!

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also got this in the mail. I'm glad I requested brochures from Jeep.com a few months back! My family just got our new KK (Limited, Greystone Pearl) and we couldn't be happier. It's an awesome vehicle. And we have sent in the request for this free $600 camera. Happy holidays indeed! :D

RickM

Reaction score
Yeah I also got this in the mail. I'm glad I requested brochures from Jeep.com a few months back! My family just got our new KK (Limited, Greystone Pearl) and we couldn't be happier. It's an awesome vehicle. And we have sent in the request for this free $600 camera. Happy holidays indeed! :D

can you give us the promo code?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I bought my '07 this past May and didn't recieve anything. I didn't request info.

RickM

Reaction score
I didn't request brochures, because I can't do that on Jeep's web site, I get an error. I did, however, research the Liberty, then searched inventory, and purchased through a Jeep dealer via the jeep.com web site. I haven't received an offer of a free camera. However, if someone will give me the promo code, I'll enter it in along with my VIN at their web site and see what happens. :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd appreciate that as well. I didn't do anything online really. I searched inventories and printed the window sticker, then drove to the dealer to wheel and deal with them. Good thing I did too, the salesman didn't believe they had one optioned as I wanted.

Someone, please post the code, it'd be worth a shot for us.

Huntyeraws

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post for me.

The reason that you don't get a code/coupon is that it was a promotion for a specific individual (not to general public and not transferrable unless immediate family member within same household) as an incentive to purchase a new 2008 Jeep Liberty. Sorry. I got my coupon in the mail last week from Jeep. About 2 months back, I e-mailed Jeep from their website requesting a catalog and information about the Liberty. About a month later, I got the catalog. I have been thinking about getting one when the voucher came in last week in the mail - likely as a result of my inquiry. It was a pretty good incentive as this camera retails for $549 at Best Buy. That pushed me over the edge.

On Sunday I went to the dealer to take one out for a ride, they offered a fair amount on a trade for my 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 and I purchased the Liberty through Chrysler Affiliate Preferred Pricing program which is "1% below invoice plus $75". On Sunday dealer indicated a $1000 rebate and $500 Bonus Cash incentives too. Then indicated that on Monday, that it would change to a total of $2000 of incentives! :D Things got even better and they even gave me 5.75% for 5 years! So, I got a 2008 Liberty at a fair price on a decent trade-in, with Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, $2000 of rebates along with a nice Nikon D40 D-SLR at a great rate!

I can't wait to pick up the Liberty on Saturday! Green Sport 4x4, auto with Command Trac, Preferred Equip Package 28B, Large OWL Tires, Tow Package and Skid Plate Group.

Moral of the story - ALWAYS e-mail a manufacturer from their website for more information about a vehicle before purchasing it. They might send you something extra ;)

We did with Dodge back in 2003 prior to purchasing my wife's Grand Caravan. Dodge sent us a voucher for a free portable DVD player in a custom Dodge case which was valued at about $500 at the time which made the deal even sweeter at the time. :D

Here are the details of the program:

2008 Jeep Liberty Nikon Redemption Official Rules

This exclusive Nikon D40 Digital Camera purchase offer is valid on the retail purchase or lease of any eligible new and unused 2008 Jeep Liberty delivered by an authorized U.S. Chrysler LLC dealer. Customer must take retail delivery of their vehicle by 01/13/2008

Fleet sales are not eligible

This purchase offer is not available to the general public; however it can be combined with any other exclusive bonus offers

Offer is valid for the person named on the certificate and is transferable only to immediate family members within your household with proof of address (valid driver’s license or state identification required)

Only one (1) original certificate is valid

Only one (1) original certificate may be redeemed per eligible customer and must be redeemed by 2/15/2008

Offer not valid on a purchase/lease made prior to 11/15/2007

Certificate code is non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash

Packages will be sent Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation

Packages being shipped to PO Box will be sent First Class Priority with Signature Confirmation. The Post Office will leave a note in the PO Box for the consumer to pick up the package with in 15 days from the Post Office

Redemptions that cannot be validated will not be fulfilled

Proof of purchase or lease, proof of address (valid driver's license or state identification) and/or proof of name change may be required

The Nikon D40 Digital Camera ESP (Estimated Selling Price) listed is only an estimate. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time

Returns for service must be shipped pre-paid and addressed to the attention of the Nikon photo service department at the Nikon facility servicing your account, or to Nikon Imaging department, 1300 Walt Whitman Rd, Melville, NY 11747

RickM

Reaction score
Ok, now I got it, It was a promotion that started 11/15.

And I did try to request a brochure from the Jeep web site, but I keep getting some Jeep website error saying " this was supposed to be an offroad adventure... blah blah blah" But I did search inventory through their web site and requested a quote via their web site.

Oh well.. that *****.

If they give you one free 67customs, you can sell it to me :)

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Jeep 12/14 and the camera showed up 12/22.
Same story here. Picked up the Jeep on Friday the 14th and the camera came in the mail on the 20th. It's definitely the nicest camera I've ever owned.