Jeep liberty renagade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come the renegade was discontinued? Whenever i read reviews by liberty owners, that one always got the best ones, and it was more offroad ready then the other mdodels. Just curious if there were some huge flaws to the renegade because used ones are around the same price as the rest of the models like the limited.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they replaced it with the "Latitude". As far as I know, there wasn't that much difference between a Renegade and any other Libby. Different fenders with fake bolts on them, maybe some skid plates and rock sliders, and a different hood. Yeah, it looks better, but I think that's about it...mostly just a different appearance. I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm all that far off. ;)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come the renegade was discontinued? Whenever i read reviews by liberty owners, that one always got the best ones, and it was more offroad ready then the other mdodels. Just curious if there were some huge flaws to the renegade because used ones are around the same price as the rest of the models like the limited.

Not holding value because it costs the same used as a Limited? Since when does a Renegade cost more than a Limited new? Sounds to me like it is holding value better if you are seeing them for the same price as a similarly equipped and aged Limited because mine cost over $30,000. And I don't see how it was more offroad ready than any other Liberty could be. It did not come stock with anything the others don't have and it did not have any add-ons available exclusively to it that made it more offroad ready, either.

I think they replaced it with the "Latitude". As far as I know, there wasn't that much difference between a Renegade and any other Libby. Different fenders with fake bolts on them, maybe some skid plates and rock sliders, and a different hood. Yeah, it looks better, but I think that's about it...mostly just a different appearance. I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm all that far off. ;)

Not quite. Bigger alternator, light bar, different roof rack, roof basket, rock rails, skid plates, different fenders, different hood. Either way, all those were available as options on other Liberties minus the fenders, hood and roof rack. The Renegade was a pointless trim package. All it did was offer a couple addons, very few of them standard, that were available on other trims which were actually distinctive from one another.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i always liked it the best out of the rest, rock rails, skid plates would count as more off road worthy btw. All used renegades i seen had the rock rails, the lights and skids. The other liberties, like the sport or limited did not come with those stock atleast

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine cost over $30,000
Man what kind of crappy deal did you get?I drove my new(yes,brand new with 3 miles on the odometer) Limited off the lot in feb '02 for $17,000,granted I don't have leather or a sunroof but do they really charge $13,000 for those items?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man what kind of crappy deal did you get?I drove my new(yes,brand new with 3 miles on the odometer) Limited off the lot in feb '02 for $17,000,granted I don't have leather or a sunroof but do they really charge $13,000 for those items?

I didn't say that is what I paid. in fact I have mentioned how little I paid in other threads. The sticker on mine was well over 30k

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh

Prior to 05 didn't the renegade come standard with alot of the offroad stuff? Not all of it, but some came standard. (I believe everything but the skid package) I believe it did. I liked the idea of the bigger alternator, and didn't like the snap on roof basket. ALSO, the renegade trim does in fact hold better resale value to comparibly equiped liberty on Edmunds and Motortrend by at least a grand. Prior to 05 the renegades base price was higher then the limted as well. You could add the premium package to both, but this did not include the rock rails, or lights or any of that to the limited in a "package deal" In terms of price, it went sport, limited, renegade.(all with 4wd) After 05 on the renegade they changed the hood and bumper style to flatten it out more like the wrangler. They left the "eyebrow" shaped hood on both the sport and limited.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate to pay below sticker price for my Columbia Edition. That included renegade light bar installation. Only had 12 miles on it when bought. Oh, I also go a Columbia Jacket with detachable liner for free! :)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid ~$27k for mine w/ 0% interest

This is what my `04 Reny had on it. I did not have dealer add anything.

Light Bar
Roof basket
fog lights
bigger alternator
track lock LSD (nobody mentioned this one yet)
rock rails
front, transfer case, and fuel tank skids
EVIC
color matched front and rear bumpers
16" renegade wheels
leather electric seats
Select Trac (2 Hi, 4 Hi Full time, 4 High Part time, 4 Lo)
Tire pressure sensors
stereo/single cd head unit
4 wheel disc ABS
235/70/16 All terrain tires (hah! A joke set of SRA's)
"Jeep Liberty" printed tire cover (oh boy!)
tinted rear and side windows (all but front and windshield)
Hot ******* centerfold in the passenger seat (ok....just keeping you on your toes). I couldn't be that lucky.
No dealer nameplate or sticker on it (just a plastic Lithia license plate frame, which I quickly removed)

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i belive rear discs came into the lineup around the 03 Model year. my sport has discs in the rear.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't even have ABS. I don't think I have a LSD, either. There's no green sticker on my axle but, with the amount of water I've been through, that's not surprising. It just doesn't feel like it's locking, ever.