Jeep Liberty - Fog Lights, Wipers (Front), Signals (Front) - suddenly stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDET

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Read the whole story if you have time or skip it and go down to see the problems:

Long Story and my problems:
I purchased my Jeep yesterday. It's 2008 at 58K (Km). I know this forum is only for 2007 and under, but it's the most active one. I'm sure the problems are common between years.

Anyways While I was driving home from the dealer, everything was working fine, the fog lights, all indicators, wipers and so on.

When I went out again at night and when I turned the signal, it started flashing really fast and I thought maybe one of the bulbs blew. I pulled over and checked.

Both the front indicators didn't work. Sometimes the flasher was clicking faster sometimes it was normal.

Then I got home to see what was wrong. I put on the 4-way flasher and only the rear signals were blinking. I switched on the fog lights, they didn't turn on.

Then I locked the car. You know the car honks when you lock it, Well it didn't honk. The marker lights didn't come one when I locked the car.

Next morning I saw that when I turned on the signal, both signals at the front were blinking, but their lights were very very dim. Other than this there was no change.

I went to the guy who sold me the car, He sent me to the person who did the safety. That guy who did the safety didn't know jack shit. He removed the wheel and He took out the bulb from passenger side signal light and tried to fit another bulb. He didn't have the proper bulb so he put everything back together and told me to go to his professional electrician.

I went to the electrician he told me to come back tomorrow since he didn't have time today. I said he should at least look at the problem. After looking he said he might have to rewire the Fcking lights. He was gonna take wires from rear signals and connect them to front ones. I told him to fck off, since there was no way he was a professional electrician, if that was his solution.

So I was on the highway driving home, I tried to put on cruise control, Well the cruise didn't work. And then it started raining. I turned on the wipers and nothing. While trying to turn on the wipers, I then accident sprayed the windshield and that was even worse, so now it was raining with no wipers and soapy water on my windshield.

Now I'm not going back to the stupid electrician tomorrow, because I don't want to put in wires since it's a 2008 and only 58K. And that wont solve all the other problems.

So as of now here are the problems:

Just the problems:

Fog light- Don't work
Signals (FRONT)- Turn on one side, both signals come on, but are very very dim
Marker Lights- Don't work. you know the setting before low-beam
Car Lock- When car is locked by remote, the lights don't flash and there is no sound. The car locks and unlocks fine.
Wipers (Front)- Don't work. The spray works, but not the wipers
Cruise Control- Doesn't work. The light doesn't even come on in the instrument panel.
EDIT: The Horn doesn't work either

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light and wiper problems can be caused by a faulty multipurpose switch...the one that you twirl to turn lights on or to adjust wiper speed.....known to give problems in the KJs.

Car loack...you can program the key fob to do various things such as flashing the lights etc. this should be in the owners' manual.

Cruise control and horn could be a faulty "clock spring" in the steering wheel, behind the airbag.

Or the Body Control Module could be bad....deals with all of the above functions!