Jeep Liberty 2003 Uconnect available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krissypoo29

Reaction score
I am getting a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited. I was wondering if I go to the dealer, can they install Uconnect? This is a feature I would love to have. Thanks guys :)

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What one do you want the one that is part of the rear view mirror or the add on kit. If you are wanting the one that is part of the rear view mirror the you are looking at a TON!!!!! OF WORK and good luck getting a dealer to install that for you and if they did you would be looking at about 1500 in parts. Now the add on kit is easy to install

But if you want the factory one your best bet is search the junk yards and pick n pulls you may get lucky like I did

You must be registered for see images attach

I pulled this one out of a 07 T&C van

krissypoo29

Reaction score
What one do you want the one that is part of the rear view mirror or the add on kit. If you are wanting the one that is part of the rear view mirror the you are looking at a TON!!!!! OF WORK and good luck getting a dealer to install that for you and if they did you would be looking at about 1500 in parts. Now the add on kit is easy to install

But if you want the factory one your best bet is search the junk yards and pick n pulls you may get lucky like I did

I pulled this one out of a 07 T&C van

So which other option do I have? I kinda wanted the rear view mirror one. That one has.the mic in the mirror right? And the accept call button on steering wheel? Where is the mic and accept call button on the other alternative? My dad is a mechanic maybe he can install the rear.view mirror uconnect?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which other option do I have? I kinda wanted the rear view mirror one. That one has.the mic in the mirror right? And the accept call button on steering wheel? Where is the mic and accept call button on the other alternative? My dad is a mechanic maybe he can install the rear.view mirror uconnect?

You will not get the uconnect system with the steering wheel controls in a KJ since that is a canbus system

What you are going to need is this

http://m.justforjeeps.com/cesyuchafr.html

krissypoo29

Reaction score
Ok thanks. It is voice activated right? Where does the mic go?

Last edited:

krissypoo29

Reaction score
you just need the OEM HU

I called and the guy on the phone said that it doesn't hook up to my speakers. Apparently the 2003-2005 doesn't have that capability. And apparently I wont have voice recognition with single din units. Its all good I guess. Ill go with another Bluetooth system

That's what happens when you have an older vehicle I guess

Last edited:

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the uconnect with my OEM stereo in my 2005 Libby last November...bought it at justforjeeps...works great.

krissypoo29

Reaction score
I added the uconnect with my OEM stereo in my 2005 Libby last November...bought it at justforjeeps...works great.

Does it run through your speakers? Or a seperate speaker box? The guy I was talking to said the older models only come with a speaker box :/

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it run through your speakers? Or a seperate speaker box? The guy I was talking to said the older models only come with a speaker box :/
There is a mic that I mounted at the rear view mirror, and some hand controls that I mounted right at the head unit. When I make or receive calls the radio mutes and the voice of whomever is on the phone with me emits from the stereo speakers. If I am using my phone for navigation the voice commands also come through the stereo speakers.

Last edited:

krissypoo29

Reaction score
There is a mic that I mounted at the rear view mirror, and some hand controls that I mounted right at the head unit. When I make or receive calls the radio mutes and the voice of whomever is on the phone with me emits from the stereo speakers. If I am using my phone for navigation the voice commands also come through the stereo speakers.

Yah probably because you have a 2005 I guess. The guy told me on the phone that I couldn't use it with by speakers. All good I'm gonna get a good Kenwood Bluetooth set.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah probably because you have a 2005 I guess. The guy told me on the phone that I couldn't use it with by speakers. All good I'm gonna get a good Kenwood Bluetooth set.

The head units are the same from 2002 to at least 2005, maybe even 2007, so there is no reason why it would not function the same in your vehicle as it does in mine.

krissypoo29

Reaction score
The head units are the same from 2002 to at least 2005, maybe even 2007, so there is no reason why it would not function the same in your vehicle as it does in mine.

Hmm wierd. I guess I am getting misinformation from someone out there :Violin:

BlackBetty

Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread…but I recently picked up the Chrysler Uconnect compatible mirror from a junk yard. I’ve already installed it and really like it as just a mirror. It is larger than the auto dimming mirror which came as an option on the KJ.

My hope was that if I found the “Hands Free Module”, that it would allow me to communicate through PCI BUS and use the buttons on the mirror to interface with my radio. Has anyone been able to do this?

I’ve had a tough time finding the HFM and wiring diagram to see if I can figure it out on my own.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old yes, but I've seen worse than 10 yrs lol. It is technically possible, Uconnect was available as an option with GPS equipped Rams as early as 2004, which uses the same PCI bus setup. There used to be a kit: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-hands-free-kit-cellular-phone-blue-tooth-82207853af but it is long discontinued. You'd have to try and piece together the parts, including getting the early model GPS head unit. Vastly easier/cheaper to get something aftermarket. There are plenty of single DIN units but only one that I know of that is designed to fit that exact dash opening; I have one in my Ram. It's made by Insane audio and is Android based. Comes with GPs, multi-camera capable, built in hands free, etc and being Android based you can customize it app wise however you wish (music, etc). Has slot for a SDHC card. Made in the USA but not cheap however lol. this one is about 4 yrs old, they have already come out with an upgraded improved model. Supposedly larger screen and better interface (maybe newer Android version).