Jeep KJ Plastic Model Kits anywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcseforsale

Reaction score
Bit of a winter hobbyist here. I build probably 2 models a year and was wondering if anyone made a quality Jeep KJ plastic model kit.

anyone seen one of these? If so, who'd the manufacturer?

AJ:killit:

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope - no plastic kits, no die cast models, nothing. A couple of years ago some people on here had some models, but I've no idea where they got them.

bheiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about plastic kits, but there are die cast models. I have one by Matchbox. :)
I got mine on eBay...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321831438.447243.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321831438.447243.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no plastic model kits but there are plenty of Die Cast models in a variety of sizes Matchbox sold a 1:18 scale 2002 Liberty Limited in 3 variations (maroon, black and Coca Cola Livery) Matchbox also made the Liberty in the 1:64ish scale (there are about 10 or so different paint schemes on these) Maisto sold both 1:43 and 1:64ish scale KJs as well. There were also a few companies that sold RC Libertys in various sizes. Ebay is your friend.

I have a few of the Matchbox and Maisto 1:64ish scale versions as well as a maroon 1:18th scale.

I bought both this Liberty and Gr Cherokee at my local Jeep dealer for like $10 each:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mcseforsale

Reaction score
I got a thing for buying models of cars that I've owned.

Haven't got around to this one yet...I just hate to open this box.

Built this one for a buddy's dad who mentored us through life and autocross:

That's his shop in the diorama. In high school, we painted every inch of that place. Used every tool and bench-raced on every bench. Lotsa smack talkin and car detailing that we used to pay for race tires and loud exhausts. Ahh, the memories :D

Sure do wish I owned this in Atlanta traffic :p

AJ