Jeep KJ colors / limited productions colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always had at least one black vehicle in the driveway all my life ( well last 46 years since legal age to drive) Wasn't too keen on the Timberline Green Pearlcoat when I first looked at it but it grew on me. Since I hadn't seen too many started digging through threads/ writeups on KJs etc to see how many there were produced.
I finally got some data from Jeep customer service about that color, took a long time.
There were only 1327 Liberties produced in this color (per Jeep's confirmation).
Of those 1327, 483 were Limited Edition models, mines a Sport model . So my 03 is one of only 844 produced in this color . Total produced in 2003 was 162,987 . :winner_third_h4h:
Pretty rare for a mass produced SUV. In comparison, 9493 Silver Limiteds were produced that year. OF COURSE we all know there were ten silvers built for every one of any other color.

Anyone else been able to determine how many of their color was produced. Trying to think of some other colors that I have seen very few of.
I know of one that a neighbor had in Toledo, kind of a rust orange said she special ordered it since her husband worked at Jeep.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That orange has to be a low number and from what Ive been told only made in 03

Has to be , Burnt orange something or other I think.
There were two in Toledo, both owned by wives of guys who worked at the plant . And yes only 03 on that color from what I can find out.
Supposedly the Timberline Green was 03 and 04 , there is one other in Columbus that I have seen. Its a Limited version.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Salsa Red was rare
That Sunburst orange is very rare. I've seen an 05 around me in that color. It's a Sport.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some 02 MY KJ's were a "gun metal blue" that was discontinued in 02 so only a few were made. It was kind of a light blue/gray color. Every once in a while I see an old TJ in that color.

Dave

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know mine is fairly rare, Cactus green is a Renegade only color (as was light khaki). I've only seen one other like mine in my area.

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a deep teal green 05 getting around near me here in Oz mine is Patriot Blue which seems to not be to common here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know mine is fairly rare, Cactus green is a Renegade only color (as was light khaki). I've only seen one other like mine in my area.

Lot of them around really or so it seems here in Ohio.
Didn't know it was a Rene color only

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stone white.....made every year for the KJ............. im not special :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some 02 MY KJ's were a "gun metal blue" that was discontinued in 02 so only a few were made. It was kind of a light blue/gray color. Every once in a while I see an old TJ in that color.

Dave

Ok, from the list that color was "steel blue pearlcoat"....had to correct myself.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe they ever made one in Tutti-Fruity. Good to see they discontinued it after one year.

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend had an nice orange sport, it was the only one around and there's a lot of libertys around here.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines an 03 2WD sport.. pretty much the furthest from the renegade editions.. and it's cactus green. As is my friends 04 4wd base

Except that we're talking about the colors of our own model year. Mine is an 02, Renegade only Cactus Green, 03 and 04 rules don't apply.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's black.

Is it unique enough to warrant being part of this discussion...? :happy175:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine's black.

Is it unique enough to warrant being part of this discussion...? :happy175:

Bob

Sure it is Bob, since the only color there should be is black! Henry Ford would agree as well ! :gr_grin::gr_grin:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Renegade was Cactus Green with the matching rims. Most other Cactus Green Renegades I have seen have had silver rims. And most other Renegades in my area are either black or silver.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep Green for me, because it is a Jeep, after all. The other colors are cute, though. grouphug.gif