Jeep fell off jack and won't start now, need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really been my day today. Got TWO flats and had to use that POS scissor lift. Luckily I had jack stands in the jeep, as well as there being cinder blocks nearby that I used to chock the wheels. Both rear tires had giant nails in them.

I went and got them fixed (for now), and upon returning to the Jeep, it was on the concrete. Both jack stands appear to have fallen forward, the cinder blocks in front of the wheels are crushed, and the scissor lift appears to have completely failed. This is on a flat, stable, concrete surface. I have no idea WTF happened.

I have managed to get the jeep back on the jack stands with a real jack. Both repaired wheels/tires are back on the jeep and I have it ready to go, but it will not start.

It turns over endlessly like it is not getting gas. I have checked the fuses and swapped out the relay, to no avail.

Can anyone help? I don't even know where to start.

EDIT: I have checked;

Both fuel pump fuses, fuel pump relay, ASD relay and ASD fuse.

About to drop the tank and check things out in there.

EDIT 2:

Dropped tank, scissor jack smashed the fuel pump basin up.

Anyone know where to get a quality one that is decently priced?

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my lift the first time the jeep feel onto the ground. That feeling *****. Sorry for your troubles. Might check with thunderbirdjunkie and see if he has one

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my lift the first time the jeep feel onto the ground. That feeling *****. Sorry for your troubles. Might check with thunderbirdjunkie and see if he has one

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

What's worse is when it happens and you aren't around. I did the best I could to make it stable with what I had. It looks like the cinder blocks cracked and broke from the weight and the jeep shifted forward enough for the jack stands to be unstable, the scissor lift crushed itself and when the jeep fell the gas tank was over the jack somehow.

If only my wife had let me buy that gas tank skid!!

Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.

You must be registered for see images

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skid plate are always the solution ;) next time she buy shoes for no reason, order one :p That's what I do. Now I have 5 fishing rod and 6 reel :D the sixth rod is coming soon ;)

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skid plate are always the solution ;) next time she buy shoes for no reason, order one :p That's what I do. Now I have 5 fishing rod and 6 reel :D the sixth rod is coming soon ;)

I told her that a gas skid would have prevented the damage. She rolled her eyes. I said no really, that "thing" you wouldn't let me order (about the same time she bought some new bras) would have saved us $200 and me having to drive her Toyota Sienna around for a week :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online